New emotion fonts

New functionality as it is added. Talk about how to use new features.
matt
Answers: 18

New emotion fonts

Unread post by matt »

Emotions can be hard to read in print. So we added the sarcasm font.

And then sometimes it's nice to separate opinion from other stuff, so we added the opinion font.

And after my latest rant, I decided probably the most needed emotion fonts is the rant font.

To use them you have to be in the main text editor, highlight the text, and press one of the buttons up top. "OP" for opinion. "Rant" for rant, "sarc" for sarcasm, and "Usarc" for uber-sarcasm (sarcasm color with large bold text).
image.png
image.png (13.36 KiB) Viewed 5563 times
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: New emotion fonts

Unread post by mike miller »

What if we are are on a sarcastic, opinionated rant? Maybe we could have a blinking font for that.....

Edit: added sarcasm font, juuuuuust in case. :D
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

Color blind test
Color blind test
Color blind test

So far all those colors are distinguishable to me. If possible, please avoid using green in the future. I will have a hard time with that and the red.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
matt

Unread post by matt »

SPerman wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:15 pm Color blind test
Color blind test
Color blind test

So far all those colors are distinguishable to me. If possible, please avoid using green in the future. I will have a hard time with that and the red.
Green is only used to identify the administrator, who never posts. Thanks for cluing me in, I'll try to remember that. I'm trying to come up with colors that work against white or dark backgrounds, for those who go dark mode.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 21

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

mike miller wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:47 pm What if we are are on a sarcastic, opinionated rant? Maybe we could have a blinking font for that.....

Edit: added sarcasm font, juuuuuust in case. :D
Isn't sarcasm opinionated by definition?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
DennisD
Answers: 1

Unread post by DennisD »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:29 pm Isn't sarcasm opinionated by definition?
Nooo!
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

matt wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:31 pm Green is only used to identify the administrator, who never posts. Thanks for cluing me in, I'll try to remember that. I'm trying to come up with colors that work against white or dark backgrounds, for those who go dark mode.
I've tried to use some of the darker backgrounds, but the sarcasm on grey doesn't work well for me.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

matt wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:38 pm Emotions can be hard to read in print. So we added the sarcasm font.

And then sometimes it's nice to separate opinion from other stuff, so we added the opinion font.

And after my latest rant, I decided probably the most needed emotion fonts is the rant font.

To use them you have to be in the main text editor, highlight the text, and press one of the buttons up top. "OP" for opinion. "Rant" for rant, "sarc" for sarcasm, and "Usarc" for uber-sarcasm (sarcasm color with large bold text).

image.png
Possible to move the {S} Strikethrough and {SUP} superscript BEFORE {OP} or {INDENT} ?

My mind keep telling me the wrong conceptual model that:
{S} = Small Sarc
{SARC} = Normal Sarc
{SUP} = Super Sarc
{USARC} =Ultra Sarc
matt wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:31 pm Green is only used to identify the administrator, who never posts. Thanks for cluing me in, I'll try to remember that. I'm trying to come up with colors that work against white or dark backgrounds, for those who go dark mode.
FYI, you might want to refer to https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/
At minimum if the colour selected passed WCAG AAA, it should be fine :?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.