CREO Table Format

Talk about PTC, Pro/E and Creo
zwei
Answers: 18

CREO Table Format

Unread post by zwei »

I just want to rant a bit here...

Why is it so hard to get a formatting to stick in CREO table o[

I was asked by one of our user why the text style they applied to their table do NOT "stick".
What happen is that the user change the table style (eg: changing font size) for the entire table, then add a new row, the new row does not follow the new table style at all. The new row does not use or assume the style of every other row in the table.

Also, if the cell is blank when they change the table style, the style change will not apply to that blank cell at all <()>

Apparently, this is the "behavior" for the table:
The Cell Formatting (for new Columns & Rows) is reverting back to the DTL settings of (default_font, text_height) that were active when the table was initially created. Whatever those values were set to when the table was created is what the new cells will be formatted as.
So basically it mean that if I need to change a table style and have the style "stick" to the table for all the new row that i create, i will need to create an entire NEW table.

URRRGH
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: CREO Table Format

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Zhen, I don't use Creo, but there has to be some way to edit the "template settings" of the table to make the setting stick permanently.

Like, there's gotta be a setting in the table, file or template that you could alter that would fix the issue for the file you are applying it to.
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: CREO Table Format

Unread post by zwei »

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:39 am Zhen, I don't use Creo, but there has to be some way to edit the "template settings" of the table to make the setting stick permanently.

Like, there's gotta be a setting in the table, file or template that you could alter that would fix the issue for the file you are applying it to.
Thats what I initially thought too, but it is not the case.

Even if you set everything like you want it in the table and export a table for an Insert > Table From File>, later on in some other session the new lines and rows will ignore the current session DTL settings and default back to the settings that were active when that table was initially created. Which, of course is Dumb.

There had been idea/request/ticket or whatever you call it to improve or fix the functionality since 2014 (or maybe earlier), but PTC never bothers
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Param ... i-p/468423

PTC, Product That Confuse
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.