WANTED: CADKEY 20+

Discuss KeyCreator software with other users.
cadkey_User
Answers: 0

WANTED: CADKEY 20+

Unread post by cadkey_User »

I have used CADKEY for years and I'm hoping to find an upgraded version from someone. I have v19 currently, running on windows10. I'd really like to get a later version, something before KeyCreator if that is possible. Certainly cannot get anything from Kubotek. I'm a 1-man guy designing radio controlled airplanes for my own enjoyment.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: WANTED: CADKEY 20+

Unread post by AlexLachance »

So uh.... You're asking if someone is willing to give you their licence?
SteveH

Unread post by SteveH »

I used CADKEY back in the early 2000's before I purchased SolidWorks. I don't remember the last version of CADKEY I used but If I still had the disks I would let you have them.

There are a couple of companies that I did consulting work for that wanted to bring their CAD in house. They balked at the cost of SolidWorks. I recommended Alibre and helped both companies integrate it and even trained some of their operators (it operates similar to SolidWorks). the last I heard they were happy and CADing away (hmmm, I recommended myself out of two clients).

Depending on exactly what you need, Alibre might be worth a look.
bradb

Unread post by bradb »

I've used Cadkey since '97 but honestly can't remember when the switch from cd/dvd to download occurred. There were a few versions that used the "dongle" (Cadkey's words) that had to be plugged into the PC to make it work. Pretty sure all that was prior to Keycreator.
cadkey_User

Unread post by cadkey_User »

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:32 am So uh.... You're asking if someone is willing to give you their licence?
NO. I'm asking if anyone has a version to SELL. I don't even want the Kubotek KeyCreator, I want CADKEY, which no longer exists
KennyG
Answers: 7

Unread post by KennyG »

Can't help with CADKEY, but if that doesn't work out, you might try giving Solid Edge Community Edition a try. It is free to non-commercial users (meaning you don't use it to make money) and it is full featured.

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/ ... /community