Login Details Not Remembered

We're all ears.
matt
Answers: 18

Re: Login Details Not Remembered

Unread post by matt »

Damo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:36 pm Ok, so, I'm having an issue too. Not with my login details as such, I never click the "remember me" button. I'm quite happy to enter it all each time I login.
My issue is that during the day if I refresh a page almost everytime , it refreshes with me logged out and I must login again.
It's not really problematic, as such.. But...
I do use a recent version of Firefox and I don't have issues with any other sites.
I have the best luck with Chrome, staying logged in. Firefox has some settings for using the site data and cookies (accepting the cookies helps.

The "remember me" thing may also help, but my experience with that setting with FF hasn't been great.

Also, are you talking about desktop /laptop, phone, tablet?
Damo
Answers: 0

Unread post by Damo »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:47 pm I'm afraid I can't help with your problem, but curiosity compels me to ask why you never click the "Remember me" button? I could understand it if it was for your bank, or something similar, but why here?
Glenn.

It's just a force of habit of mine. Something I've been doing for years.
It also helps me to remember my appropriate deets/passwords, etc.
It's easy enough to do so it doesn't really bother me much.
And, this is my work PC which is on occasion accessible by others.. ;)
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

matt wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:03 pm I have the best luck with Chrome, staying logged in. Firefox has some settings for using the site data and cookies (accepting the cookies helps.

The "remember me" thing may also help, but my experience with that setting with FF hasn't been great.

Also, are you talking about desktop /laptop, phone, tablet?
Matt.

I do accept the cookies. And as I stated, I never use the "Remember Me" features.
I am using a Desktop PC.
VicFrauenfeld

Unread post by VicFrauenfeld »

Anyone else having issues again staying logged in on this forum? The last couple of weeks, I am having to log into the forum over and over again. It seems that even clicking on the "Board index" link at the bottom of each article even kicks me out. I have removed all cookies and history from Chrome and even tried to change the style of the forum without success.
Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
matt

Unread post by matt »

VicFrauenfeld wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:01 pm Anyone else having issues again staying logged in on this forum? The last couple of weeks, I am having to log into the forum over and over again. It seems that even clicking on the "Board index" link at the bottom of each article even kicks me out. I have removed all cookies and history from Chrome and even tried to change the style of the forum without success.
I haven't had the problem here, but I know another phpbb forum that has recently developed an issue with logging people off. When we started, we had a lot of problems and eventually figured out a set of server-based settings, forum settings, and local settings that seemed to work together. I keep 2 accounts logged in on Chrome and Firefox, and haven't had an issue in months.

I have seen some server glitches slide through, though. Maybe you're getting caught in some of that. Usually an F5 fixes the situation, but if you're seeing something I can try to see if I can help out.

In Chrome, go to Settings (three dots upper right), Privacy and Security, Cookies and Other Site Data, and under Sites That Can Always Use Cookies, you can add http://cadforum.net to that list. We don't do any funky tracking or sell data or anything like that. We just use the cookies to keep you logged in and remember your settings such as the theme you use. Using Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
VicFrauenfeld

Thanks @matt, I had that setting in Chrome already. However, I did not have the "http" part. I added a line with a "http" stuff and we'll see if that helps. I am also running Chrome Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit). I have even been trying different forum styles and and am currently running the Elegance LightBlue style which is still giving me issues.

This is not a big deal for me because I use LastPass for all my online passwords and I do not need to re-type my password everytime.
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

This is still an issue for me...
I need only be away from my desk a half hour or so and when I return I am logged out..
matt

Unread post by matt »

Damo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:05 am This is still an issue for me...
I need only be away from my desk a half hour or so and when I return I am logged out..
It might be your sever timing out and re assigning a new IP address. I can't really do anything there.
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

matt wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:54 am It might be your sever timing out and re assigning a new IP address. I can't really do anything there.
Hmmmm.. I know little of these things..
I can however stay logged into say, Grabcad for example, for a long time . Even when I Hibernate overnight.
Meh.. No big deal.

Cheers Matt.
matt

Unread post by matt »

Damo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:07 pm Hmmmm.. I know little of these things..
I can however stay logged into say, Grabcad for example, for a long time . Even when I Hibernate overnight.
Meh.. No big deal.

Cheers Matt.
Alright, give it another try. I changed something that might ease up the requirements a little. Grab ad plays fast and loose with a lot of things, they may be lax on security.
VicFrauenfeld

Hello @matt Unfortunately, this issue is happening to me again (after a reboot to the computer, I have to log into this forum page again). Is anyone else having an issue again? I am just trying to see if it is on my side or not. It isn’t a big problem for me because I use LastPass so I don’t have to retype my username and password every time.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

VicFrauenfeld wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:57 am Hello @matt Unfortunately, this issue is happening to me again (after a reboot to the computer, I have to log into this forum page again). Is anyone else having an issue again? I am just trying to see if it is on my side or not. It isn’t a big problem for me because I use LastPass so I don’t have to retype my username and password every time.
I have to login everytime I close my browser. There's also an auto-disconnect that causes me to have to reconnect every now and then after a period of inactivity but I doubt you're refering to either.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 21

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

No problem here using Chrome.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

Happened the other day I had to log in again. Otherwise, it's been fine for me.
matt

Unread post by matt »

VicFrauenfeld wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:57 am Hello @matt Unfortunately, this issue is happening to me again (after a reboot to the computer, I have to log into this forum page again). Is anyone else having an issue again? I am just trying to see if it is on my side or not. It isn’t a big problem for me because I use LastPass so I don’t have to retype my username and password every time.
Here's what happens to me. I'm a member of 2 other phpbb forums. None of them keeps me logged in on my cell phone (one logs me out every hour, another every other day), but CAD Forum and one other keep me logged in on my desktop all the time. Nothing here has changed in the last week. It might be browser or internet settings doing it to you. It's possible for my end to effect it, but I didn't make any changes recently. The time-out setting for me is set as high as it goes. There are so many ways to effect logins and cookies. I've asked my guy that I hire to solve serious problems about the cookies/login thing, and he says our settings are right, and that there are a lot of things that control that functionality.

Which is to say... dunno.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Gotta be a cookie or settings issue. My home computer never asks to login again......my work laptop logs out of the forums every hour maybe....not sure of the exact duration.
Jason
Dtief190

Unread post by Dtief190 »

The last few days, the forum is forgetting my login also.

Dave
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Yeap keep getting kick out.

And got the "spam IP check" a few times.
matt

Unread post by matt »

Due to the bot getting through in a way it shouldn't have been able to, I made a few changes yesterday. So you'll probably have to log in again, especially if you switch between devices frequently.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

I've had to log in every time I visit for the last couple of days. The "keep me logged in" checkbox has disappeared. ("remember my credentials" maybe? I can't remember how it was worded.)
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Frederick_Law

matt wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:47 am Due to the bot getting through in a way it shouldn't have been able to, I made a few changes yesterday. So you'll probably have to log in again, especially if you switch between devices frequently.
Same device at work. Kicked out and login at least 3 times today.
At least it didn't ask if I'm robot.

It just ask again.
IP-01.jpg
matt

Unread post by matt »

Hmmm. Ok. I don't control the Spamhaus list.

Changed settings again. Give that a whirl.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 21

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

matt wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:57 pm Hmmm. Ok. I don't control the Spamhaus list.

Changed settings again. Give that a whirl.
The "Remember me" box is back.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Frederick_Law

Can't believe I got kick out here before the SWYMP .....