IS THERE A FREE RENDERER?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Ömür Tokman
Answers: 1

IS THERE A FREE RENDERER?

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

Hi,
Is there a free renderer?
Currently we are using photoview 360 (sw2020) and my company does not want a new update, I want to make better renderings and I am looking for a free rendering program. I haven't found it yet or new views for 360, I used to use the foundry website but the views for 2020/360 are not working.
Any advice?

In addition, I installed the Blender program, but as far as I understand it is a comprehensive and difficult program to learn.
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Re: IS THERE A FREE RENDERER?

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

SolidWorks Visualize Standard comes free with every SolidWorks Pro and SolidWorks Premium license.
https://www.solidworks.com/product/solidworks-3d-cad
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
Ömür Tokman

Jaylin Hochstetler wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:44 am SolidWorks Visualize Standard comes free with every SolidWorks Pro and SolidWorks Premium license.
https://www.solidworks.com/product/solidworks-3d-cad
I will investigate, but as far as I know, they give the right to use this to those who have a maintenance contract.
I am using 2020 pro-sp3 right now, I think VS should have been installed when I installed it, but it is not installed. and our maintenance contract is up.
2021-06-01_14-02-43.png
2021-06-01_14-02-43.png (4.79 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:01 am I will investigate, but as far as I know, they give the right to use this to those who have a maintenance contract.
I am using 2020 pro-sp3 right now, I think VS should have been installed when I installed it, but it is not installed. and our maintenance contract is up.

2021-06-01_14-02-43.png
Ömür,
I don't even see an option in the installation manager to install Visualize Standard, I believe it gets installed automatically. Do you see Visualize when you go to Tools>Add Ins?
image.png
Ömür Tokman

mattpeneguy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:58 am Ömür,
I don't even see an option in the installation manager to install Visualize Standard, I believe it gets installed automatically. Do you see Visualize when you go to Tools>Add Ins?
image.png
I'm sorry for the late reply. no I don't remember. I'll check and let you know when I go to work tomorrow. If there is it will be great. now it's 23:40 here.
RichGergely
Answers: 0

Unread post by RichGergely »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:31 am In addition, I installed the Blender program, but as far as I understand it is a comprehensive and difficult program to learn.
No kidding, it's a challenge to say the least coming from something like Solidworks to try and pick up blender.

You can do amazing things in blender if you have the time to learn it BUT regardless of that getting Solidworks files into the software is difficult and time consuming. Single part model no problem, go to an assembly and you are in a whole world of hurt.

I'm considering buying a seat of Keyshot being that it is actually cheaper and many say easier to use than Visualize (have a seat of standard Solidworks so have no rendering).
Ömür Tokman

mattpeneguy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:58 am Ömür,
image.png
Hey @mattpeneguy I use 360 but I don't like it. And Vizualize doesn't apply to me.
2021-06-02_10-16-08.png
Ömür Tokman

RichGergely wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:43 pm No kidding, it's a challenge to say the least coming from something like Solidworks to try and pick up blender.

You can do amazing things in blender if you have the time to learn it BUT regardless of that getting Solidworks files into the software is difficult and time consuming. Single part model no problem, go to an assembly and you are in a whole world of hurt.

I'm considering buying a seat of Keyshot being that it is actually cheaper and many say easier to use than Visualize (have a seat of standard Solidworks so have no rendering).
Honestly, I didn't force it to montage into Blender, but the rendering is very comprehensive, as you said, if you can learn it, it will be great.
Go with 360 for now and the bosses don't want to pay for a new program.
Even though time and bosses are a big obstacle in front of me, I will not stop learning and improving myself no matter what my age is.
What makes me happy is not achieving my dreams, but learning without giving up for my dreams.
Probably the day I give up will be the day I die.
2021-06-02_10-23-13.png
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 2

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

Nothing comes for free. What is included in SolidWorks today, can be removed next year. If you depend on it by then, you can buy extra.
Ömür, by learning you invest in yourself. Enjoy.👍
Andy
Answers: 0

Unread post by Andy »

I'm curious what you can't do with Photoview360? I know it's not perfect, but you can get some half decent results with it in my experience (for free).

Admittedly, if you're looking to do environments and scenes, then it's not going to cut the mustard, but if you're just needing to render parts and assemblies to get a more realistic appearance than just taking a screen shot, then I find it fine. Just a little slow sometimes if the image size is large, or translucent components are included.