Solid Edge User Groups

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
bryan5
Answers: 0

Solid Edge User Groups

Unread post by bryan5 »

Are there any Solid Edge user groups out there? If so is there a link to find one near me?
matt
Answers: 18

Re: Solid Edge User Groups

Unread post by matt »

That's a bit of a sore subject. I assume the answer is no. They've done what they can to discourage them.
bryan5
Answers: 0

Unread post by bryan5 »

Solid Edge is a great software that has always been overlooked mainly because it never got the promotional push like SoidWorks has had. With the 3DX push going on with Dassault you would think Siemens would want to start to capitalize on this. I find a User Group is a great way of building the community and promoting the software by allowing non users a peak at what the software could offer and get honest opinions from every day users.

Would anyone be up for a virtual group with this CAD forum as place to schedule and plan meetups?
Ömür Tokman
Answers: 1

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

bryan5 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:27 am Solid Edge is a great software that has always been overlooked mainly because it never got the promotional push like SoidWorks has had. With the 3DX push going on with Dassault you would think Siemens.........
Actually, SE is an orphan. Siemens is a giant company in many sectors, Siemens is its protective family. But dassault is a company that has only given importance to drawing programs from the beginning, its product variety is very old in the sector and it focuses only on this sector. (If I'm not mistaken, the industry's first 3d program is catia). Between 1996-2000, he distributed free education and Sw to vocational high schools in Turkey. excellent tactic. In short, Dassault did not program, he made policy. (Jews were known for their friendship with "Serge Dassault" Turkey, with very good trades.)
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:19 pm Actually, SE is an orphan. Siemens is a giant company in many sectors, Siemens is its protective family. But dassault is a company that has only given importance to drawing programs from the beginning, its product variety is very old in the sector and it focuses only on this sector. (If I'm not mistaken, the industry's first 3d program is catia). Between 1996-2000, he distributed free education and Sw to vocational high schools in Turkey. excellent tactic. In short, Dassault did not program, he made policy. (Jews were known for their friendship with "Serge Dassault" Turkey, with very good trades.)
One thing to note, SE was created on 1996 and bought by UGS (Unigraphics) in 1998. UGS was bought by Siemens on 2007. So it was UGS that "stifled" SE marketing. It got lumped into the UG "brand" and downplayed. Only recently does it seem that its being allowed to "breath" on it's own.

Dassault purchased SolidWorks in 1997 and pretty much left it alone for many years. It operated independently of Dassault for a long time. Apparently Dassault hasn't paid attention to what happened to SE and seems content on doing something similar by "downplaying" the desktop version and trying to force feed the user base it's cloud version. Executive ego trip IMO.
Jason