Advertising Banner...

Make suggestion to the moderators and admins of this site.
zwei
Answers: 18

Advertising Banner...

Unread post by zwei »

Is it possible to "shrink" or "move" the advertising banner?

The current banner is really huge and take up 25% of the screen
image.png
Maybe move it to bottom?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
matt

Re: Advertising Banner...

Unread post by matt »

What kind of screen do you have? It's 153 pixels tall. I'll see if I can reduce it, though. I did look at the site stats, and they said the lowest desktop display resolution people were using was 1300 vertical, so 153, which is 12%. I can put it at the bottom, but that kind of defeats the purpose. I will try to make it smaller tomorrow.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:42 pm Is it possible to "shrink" or "move" the advertising banner?

The current banner is really huge and take up 25% of the screen
image.png

Maybe move it to bottom?
It's an advertisement banner....it's supposed to be in the way :D
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

That's much better Matt!
matt

Unread post by matt »

Ok, I changed it to 100 px high. I'm going to have to see if I can control the size for phones, although stats say not many people access the site on phone (maybe it's only me).

Just a suggestion, if you have your screen jacked up to something larger than 100% to get more legible text, you might try using the Breeze theme. To me, it is the most legible. The only drawback to Breeze is that it doesn't put the title of the thread on each post, so you don't know if someone changed the title part way through the thread. Breeze will maximize the text size vs other aspects of the display.
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

matt wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:26 am Ok, I changed it to 100 px high. I'm going to have to see if I can control the size for phones, although stats say not many people access the site on phone (maybe it's only me).

Just a suggestion, if you have your screen jacked up to something larger than 100% to get more legible text, you might try using the Breeze theme. To me, it is the most legible. The only drawback to Breeze is that it doesn't put the title of the thread on each post, so you don't know if someone changed the title part way through the thread. Breeze will maximize the text size vs other aspects of the display.
Thanks, it look much better now
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.