What's Possible Here and What's Not Possible

Make suggestion to the moderators and admins of this site.
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

What's Possible Here and What's Not Possible

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

So, I see people posting possible improvements, including myself. Some may be possible and some may be impossible (technically anything's possible...but maybe not practical). This forum is based on phpBB as shown in the graphic above. Here's the support site for phpBB https://www.phpbb.com/community/help/faq. People looking at making suggestions may or may not want to go there and see if what they want is even possible? Just a possible suggestion for the suggesters?
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: What's Possible Here and What's Not Possible

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:01 pm So, I see people posting possible improvements, including myself. Some may be possible and some may be impossible (technically anything's possible...but maybe not practical). This forum is based on phpBB as shown in the graphic above. Here's the support site for phpBB https://www.phpbb.com/community/help/faq. People looking at making suggestions may or may not want to go there and see if what they want is even possible? Just a possible suggestion for the suggesters?
Can this forum be made to make cotton candy? I like cotton candy...
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Hey @matt , is there some place we could browse to find phpBB extensions(add-ons) and whatnot to facilitate your job when sending in suggestions?

I'm sorry if I'm having you repeat yourself, I didn't skim through all the threads and as I've told you I'm not much of a phpBB guy, more of a vBulletin guy, even though they have their share of similarities.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:23 pm Hey @matt , is there some place we could browse to find phpBB extensions(add-ons) and whatnot to facilitate your job when sending in suggestions?

I'm sorry if I'm having you repeat yourself, I didn't skim through all the threads and as I've told you I'm not much of a phpBB guy, more of a vBulletin guy, even though they have their share of similarities.
Not a board guy at all but if you follow the link in the OP it has a "Customize" and "Download" tab that appears to have a bunch of extensions etc
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:23 pm Hey @matt , is there some place we could browse to find phpBB extensions(add-ons) and whatnot to facilitate your job when sending in suggestions?
Extensions are like plug-ins, they add functionality. The official ones are here:
https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/
There are some unofficial ones that are where ever you can find them. We are on phpbb 3.3.3. Most extensions for 3.2 work, but not always, and not all features.

If you want to look at styles, look here:
https://www.phpbb.com/styles/

All of this requires ftp access to the server to install, and we're on my Dezignstuff server.

We have tried out several things that didn't work. I need to create a local test installation where I can experiment without bothering anyone, but that's on the list of stuff to do too.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

MJuric wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:30 pm

Not a board guy at all but if you follow the link in the OP it has a "Customize" and "Download" tab that appears to have a bunch of extensions etc
How blind can I be, I had not even noticed... grumph

Thanks buddy :lol: