Dimensions Off center

jacornej
Answers: 0

Dimensions Off center

Unread post by jacornej »

We have just recently upgraded to SW2021 from SW2016. I am having issues when adding a tolerance and symbol to a dimension. See the attached drawing for a reference. If I add a tolerance or symbol separately there is no issue. It's only a problem when I add both. As you can see the the Dimension becomes off center along the dimension line. It also only happens when the symbol is placed following the dimension and not in front of it.

I have looked through the options and can't find anything to fix this. Maybe I am missing something so any help is appreciated.
Attachments
DIMS.jpg
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Dimensions Off center

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

They look fine to me. Do you want the dimension value to stay centered, and not move when you add other text or symbols?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
jacornej

Unread post by jacornej »

Yes as you can see #4 dimension sits slightly lower on the dimension line than the others. This only happened after updating to SW2021.

It's not a big deal, just a slight annoyance and wanted to see if it could be fixed.
cadforumadmin
Site Admin

Unread post by cadforumadmin »

jacornej wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:32 am Yes as you can see #4 dimension sits slightly lower on the dimension line than the others. This only happened after updating to SW2021.

It's not a big deal, just a slight annoyance and wanted to see if it could be fixed.
It's centering on the largest item. You might try putting the triangle flag on a second line or just add it separately.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

jacornej wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:32 am Yes as you can see #4 dimension sits slightly lower on the dimension line than the others. This only happened after updating to SW2021.

Now I understand. I thought you meant it was off center side to side.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

I would report as a bug. It's not just centered on the largest item (the flag) because view #3 would be off center and its not. View #4 should look like view #3.

Strangely enough, adding the symbol before the dimension text does not do this.
Jason