Automated Draft Update

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Brendon.Dyer
Answers: 0

Automated Draft Update

Unread post by Brendon.Dyer »

Hi all,

My employer is looking to add a note to all current and newly created drafts. The problem is we have thousands of drafts that need to be updated.

I believe the best way would be to add the note into our background template, but that wouldn't update the pre-existing drafts.

We're currently using SE2019 with plans to upgrade to SE2021 shortly. Is there any software or automation available that could update all *.dft files in a particular file location?

Thank you,
Brendon
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: Automated Draft Update

Unread post by mike miller »

The solution to this would be to create a template with the updated background (or just edit your existing template) and use a macro or the SE batch processor to replace the background sheets.

As an API layman (read- just knowledgeable enough to be very dangerous), it seems to be pretty straight-forward. Maybe @TusharSuradkar can assist you.
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
uk_dave
Answers: 1

Unread post by uk_dave »

Look to the Custom folder which contains a program called Batch which will allow you to replace the background of existing files with a new template file.
image.png
mike miller

uk_dave wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:49 am Look to the Custom folder which contains a program called Batch which will allow you to replace the background of existing files with a new template file.

image.png
@uk_dave, for some reason I don't have that folder in my install files. Could you share those with me? TIA.
2021-07-29 10_51_57.jpg
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
Brendon.Dyer
Answers: 0

Unread post by Brendon.Dyer »

uk_dave wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:49 am Look to the Custom folder which contains a program called Batch which will allow you to replace the background of existing files with a new template file.

image.png
@uk_dave Thanks! My batch application doesn't have the "replace background" as an option. I wonder if it's unavailable for SE2019?
uk_dave
Answers: 1

Unread post by uk_dave »

mike miller wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 am @uk_dave, for some reason I don't have that folder in my install files. Could you share those with me? TIA.

2021-07-29 10_51_57.jpg

Because you have to download the samples separately:
Attachments
image.png
mike miller

uk_dave wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:06 am Because you have to download the samples separately:
Do you have a URL for that? I can't seem to find it. :oops: