Insert a CusProp into dimension text in 2D drawing

christian chu
Answers: 0

Insert a CusProp into dimension text in 2D drawing

Unread post by christian chu »

I tried to insert a CusProp from 3D model into a dimension text in 2D drawing and couldn't find that option
Is there a trick doing this
Thanks
image.png
image.png (8.13 KiB) Viewed 820 times
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: Insert a CusProp into dimension text in 2D drawing

Unread post by SPerman »

If you know what you are looking for, you can just type it in the text field: $RPRPSHEET:"MATERIAL"

There's probably better ways to do it, but that's the one I know.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

@christian chu, doesn't look like it works that way as far as I can tell...One workaround would be to make an annotation, add the dimension to it, then add the custom property to the annotation, place it over the dimension location and then delete the <DIM> from the dimension text box...Messy, but it'd get the job done.
christian chu
Answers: 0

Unread post by christian chu »

SPerman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:43 am If you know what you are looking for, you can just type it in the text field: $RPRPSHEET:"MATERIAL"

There's probably better ways to do it, but that's the one I know.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but typing doesn't seem working. I need to use the "Link to Property" icon to select the a property from the list - see the second image: the letter "B" appears correct using the icon "Lin to Property" while the typing is not showing the revision
image.png
image.png (11.99 KiB) Viewed 757 times
image.png
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

christian chu wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:21 pm Not sure what I'm doing wrong but typing doesn't seem working. I need to use the "Link to Property" icon to select the a property from the list - see the second image: the letter "B" appears correct using the icon "Lin to Property" while the typing is not showing the revision

image.png

image.png
That could work....The machinist will know they need to open the part and see what $PRP:Property is...Problem solved...
Looks like this is a candidate for an Enhancement Request...But, not likely to be implemented...DS has devoted those resources to the Swamp...