Custom BOM

Bryan O
Answers: 1

Custom BOM

Unread post by Bryan O »

I rarely show more then 1 assembly in a BOM
I would like the BOM to show in the "<configuration>" as the header.
Another option would be to change the QTY. header to read "<configuration>/QTY.
I tried to edit the cell and link the text but the "configuration" but that link links to the view not the BOM.
I am on 2018 (upgrading soon!)
I was under the understanding that I could not create a link between the drawing view and the BOM, where if I changed the drawing config, the BOM would update.
At the very least I would like the BOM to forma double check by displaying the config.
image.png
by Glenn Schroeder » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:57 am
Bryan O wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:38 am I rarely show more then 1 assembly in a BOM
I tried to edit the cell and link the text but the "configuration" but that link links to the view not the BOM.
I was under the understanding that I could not create a link between the drawing view and the BOM, where if I changed the drawing config, the BOM would update.
At the very least I would like the BOM to forma double check by displaying the config.
image.png
As far as I know your best option will be to get that double check by clicking on the cross at the top left corner of the BOM to get the property manager to show, and see the configuration it's linked to there.

image.png
Go to full post
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Custom BOM

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Bryan O wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:38 am I rarely show more then 1 assembly in a BOM
image.png
As far as I know your best option will be to get that double check by clicking on the cross at the top left corner of the BOM to get the property manager to show, and see the configuration it's linked to there.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Bryan O
Answers: 1

Unread post by Bryan O »

I guess your right.
I just added a header and linked the configuration name to it.
It's NOT reading the configuration of the table but that will be as good as it gets.

...adding to the wish list of BOMs linked to the configuration they are derived from...
jayar
Answers: 2

Unread post by jayar »

Can you utilize the Excel format w/ your BOM. It likely won't be tied/updated with your model but you could probably do much more with it.