Converting imported SW files

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Ronan1961
Answers: 0

Converting imported SW files

Unread post by Ronan1961 »

Years ago I modelled many Meccano parts in SW. Well these are ideal for learning more about SE's abilities. I have attached two parts.
On part "62 Crank", how do I add a 5/32" cosmetic thread to to cross hole in the boss. How do I dimension to the centre of the slot to maintain the 1/2" pitch.
On part "25h Strip", can I convert the 25 holes to a pattern? Then I could save the strip as for example a 19 hole variant.
Attachments
25h Strip.par
(287.5 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
62 Crank.par
(244.5 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
KennyG
Answers: 7

Re: Converting imported SW files

Unread post by KennyG »

@Ronan1961 I unfortunately cannot open your SE files as I'm guessing you used the Community or Student license, and I have the Commercial license.

I'll assume when these translated in, you have the body in Synchronous and what you are attempting to do would also be in Synchronous.

Since I'm using my imagination and what I know of SE Synch, I'll attempt to answer what I can...

1st off, you will want to use Recognize Holes to identify cylinder and partial cylinder to turn into Holes. Once this is done and if your cross hole can be recognized as a Hole, then you can edit it and switch it to threaded.

Likewise, if you have what you believe to be a logical pattern of holes, you can then use the Recognize Patterns command to convert those to a Pattern.

As to the slot which I assume is the Keyway, you can use a Live Section to create sketch like geometry through its middle which you should then be able to dimension to the midpoint of the bottom of the slot (you may need to turn on the Midpoint locate in the Dimensions command bar).
Ronan
Answers: 0

Re: Converting imported SW files

Unread post by Ronan »

KennyG wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:36 pm @Ronan1961 I unfortunately cannot open your SE files as I'm guessing you used the Community or Student license, and I have the Commercial license.

I'll assume when these translated in, you have the body in Synchronous and what you are attempting to do would also be in Synchronous.

Since I'm using my imagination and what I know of SE Synch, I'll attempt to answer what I can...

1st off, you will want to use Recognize Holes to identify cylinder and partial cylinder to turn into Holes. Once this is done and if your cross hole can be recognized as a Hole, then you can edit it and switch it to threaded.

Likewise, if you have what you believe to be a logical pattern of holes, you can then use the Recognize Patterns command to convert those to a Pattern.

As to the slot which I assume is the Keyway, you can use a Live Section to create sketch like geometry through its middle which you should then be able to dimension to the midpoint of the bottom of the slot (you may need to turn on the Midpoint locate in the Dimensions command bar).
Thank you. Oh. yes forgot can't share the files, am using the community version. I got the pattern and dimension to slot centre to work.
Ideas are simple, once you've thought of them