Marketing Speak

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Marketing Speak

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Before Dassault was doing it, Bentley mastered it!
Can anyone tell me what this software is or does?
image.png
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: Marketing Speak

Unread post by jcapriotti »

It mitigates and facilitates and exacerbates your understanding of the English language.
Jason
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

jcapriotti wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 pm It mitigates and facilitates and exacerbates your lack of understanding of the English language.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Thanks, I'll add that to my resume.
I could be CEO with that many fancy words.
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

jcapriotti wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 pm It mitigates and facilitates and exacerbates your understanding of the English language.
And would give Webster the creeps. oa
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
Roasted By John
Answers: 1

Unread post by Roasted By John »

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:18 pm Before Dassault was doing it, Bentley mastered it!
image.png
Sounds a little more professional then @RickB Cheatem Line ;)
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:18 pm Before Dassault was doing it, Bentley mastered it!
image.png
That software clearly has the Synergy to avoid pain points while doing a deep dive in a holistic manner to provide bandwidth for touch points that incentivize core competency.
mattpeneguy

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

MJuric wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:43 pm
image.png
That software clearly has the Synergy to avoid pain points while doing a deep dive in a holistic manner to provide bandwidth for touch points that incentivize core competency.
Yeah....That's why in there DMS it takes 19 steps to create a 2D drawing file....That must be what they mean by synergy?
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:00 pm
MJuric wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:43 pm
image.png
Yeah....That's why in there DMS it takes 19 steps to create a 2D drawing file....That must be what they mean by synergy?
In the last 3-4 decades we have made a full transition in business. At one point people that got promoted to higher up positions where the people that used to do the work, Engineers, foremen etc etc. Then focus began to switch from the work to the money and over a period of time we started seeing "Bean counters" running companies. A CEO with no actual experience in the company they were running was not unusual because they had experience in finances. over the last couple decades we have been shifting from bean counters running the companies to marketing people running the company. Now the focus is on advertising. The people running the company have no experience in the product, not even any concept of what it cost to design, manufacture and ship the product...just "Sell, Sell, Sell".

What you end up with is this "Market Speak" BS that only "Speaks to" others that are steeped in the market BS. So you get people that know nothing about the product purchasing products from people that know nothing about their product who in turn hand it over to the people that are actually supposed to make the product that end up saying "Uhhh...this is a piece of C#@! that I can't use"

It's really quite a cluster and yet another nail in the coffin of Western manufacturing.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

• Engineering CEO: We will have the best products no matter the cost.
  • Finance CEO: We will have the lowest costs no matter the product.
  • Marketing CEO: We will have synergistic clientele oriented products positioned on consumer progressions of trending metrics foretold by the dynamically revolving capricious quality of the statistical variance.
Jason
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

jcapriotti wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:58 am
  • Engineering CEO: We will have the best products no matter the cost.
  • Finance CEO: We will have the lowest costs no matter the product.
  • Marketing CEO: We will have synergistic clientele oriented products positioned on consumer progressions of trending metrics foretold by the dynamically revolving capricious quality of the statistical variance.
Those Marketing guys are succinct and sincere!
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Jaylin Hochstetler

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

Made me think of this...
Engineers and Salesman.jpg
Some of you may have seen this on the "old" forum..
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Jaylin Hochstetler wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:11 pm Made me think of this...
Engineers and Salesman.jpg
Some of you may have seen this on the "old" forum..
Unfortunately I've been that poor dog on way too many occasions. I have been in several meetings where I new shortly into the meeting there was no way we could deliver what the salesmen was promising.

On the other hand I have been in meetings where the guy on the other side of the table was in the trenches and said something along the lines of "Enough with the sales speak". I watched a salesmen almost explode one time because the guy just kept saying it over and over every time the the salesmen would get on a roll.