Grateful For This Forum, Grateful For You All

Several announcements for new users.
Cbecks Design
Answers: 0

Grateful For This Forum, Grateful For You All

Unread post by Cbecks Design »

Hey All,

What's up? Holy cow, where to start? I've been using SolidWorks since 2002 when the company I worked for switched from ProE to SolidWorks to save money and make it easier for new people to learn (I guess).

Have used SolidWorks to great acclaim since then, though I noticed that ProE did create higher quality of surfaces (it seems).

I do mechanical engineering and am a big fan of industrial design. I like organic shapes and surfacing and bridging the gap between artistry and manufacturability.

Forum-wise, I've just come back from nearly a 5 year hiatus and was shocked and appalled to see what the SolidWorks forum had become. Holy Mother of God. If you could create a brief to make a simple user forum as convoluted, complicated, AND useless as possible, well, they nailed it.

So I was over the moon when I found this forum from someone's comment in that forum. I saw so many names I recognized. It was like being back home again, but with people I've never actually met.

Glad to see you're all still around and glad to be a part of this new forum.

Thank You Mr. Lombard.

Onwards and upwards!
Cbecks
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Grateful For This Forum, Grateful For You All

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Welcome to the gang mate, hope you stick around!
DennisD
Answers: 1

Re: Grateful For This Forum, Grateful For You All

Unread post by DennisD »

Cbecks Design wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:41 pm
I do mechanical engineering and am a big fan of industrial design. I like organic shapes and surfacing and bridging the gap between artistry and manufacturability.
Maybe it's my Monday morning warped sense of humor, but when I read this I thought it was part of your dating profile from a CAD-Match.com site.
() ;;

Welcome back to the gang. We're all HERE (not in the 3DSwamp).
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch