trouble logging in

Several announcements for new users.
Kevin Hansen
Answers: 0

trouble logging in

Unread post by Kevin Hansen »

So... I love this site. I depend on it to keep my sanity. But recently I had a problem where it became more upsetting than Solidworks! I forgot my password, and after the third try, it locked me out. I had to create a new account to get back in!

You see, you can't ask to have your password reset if you have exceeded the three tries. And it doesn't warn you that this will happen, it only tells you after the fact. It says you have to contact the board administrator, but there is no way to do that!

How can I get my old account back?
matt
Answers: 18

Re: trouble logging in

Unread post by matt »

Kevin Hansen wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 pm So... I love this site. I depend on it to keep my sanity. But recently I had a problem where it became more upsetting than Solidworks! I forgot my password, and after the third try, it locked me out. I had to create a new account to get back in!

You see, you can't ask to have your password reset if you have exceeded the three tries. And it doesn't warn you that this will happen, it only tells you after the fact. It says you have to contact the board administrator, but there is no way to do that!

How can I get my old account back?
I'm the admin, so just tell me what your old user name was and I can hook you up.
Kevin Hansen

Unread post by Kevin Hansen »

It's KSHansen
KSHansen

Unread post by KSHansen »

Thanks!

Can you set up a way for users to contact you if they're not logged in? I couldn't find anything! Not even on your own website. Even the FAQ, with helpful titles like "why can't I log in?" aren't visible unless you're logged in.
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

My email matt@dezignstuff.com has been all over the place for 20 years. Matt@cadforum.net is another one. Admin@cadforum.net is another.