NEED Guide on Motion Solidwork( park car on scissor platform)

Assis As
Answers: 0

NEED Guide on Motion Solidwork( park car on scissor platform)

Unread post by Assis As »

Dear Members ,

I am trying to do motion on the given model two motors i created to moved the platform ups and down , meanwhile when top platform reach bottom the car should move on upper platform and move it the car to certain height .

Kindly need guidance
Thank you
Attachments
scissor-lift-mechanism-in-solidworks-1.snapshot.2.7z
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
by zwei » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:10 am
i took a look on your files..

A few comment:
1. Try to avoid mechanical mate and advance mate like slot and cam if possible, especially when you need to use contact in motion study
2. (I might be wrong but...) Mirror component often cause issue in motion study because of how solidworks rebuild mirror component, avoid mirror component if possible
3. If your analysis/simulation allow, you can combine your "car" into a single part to simplify the simulation

If you just need a simple animation, you can do a quick and dirty workaround where you have a continuous surface in your top moving part that is created with fit spline together with a tangent mate. You can hide the surface so that it is not visible in your animation.
(Generally, i try to avoid contact whenever possible when it comes to animation)
image.png
See gif below for a quick animation:
animation-1.gif
Edit-01:
Apparently i submitted too quickly and the the SWX file had not been properly uploaded. Re-attach the SWx file
Go to full post
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: NEED Guide on Motion Solidwork( park car on scissor platform)

Unread post by zwei »

What are you trying to achieve?
Is it just a quick animation?

Or does it need to be a detail motion study?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Assis As

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:09 am What are you trying to achieve?
Is it just a quick animation?

Or does it need to be a detail motion study?
Thank you very much for Comment

just Quick Animation
i am trying to park the car on Top Platform when that platform moves down and after that takes it to height
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

i took a look on your files..

A few comment:
1. Try to avoid mechanical mate and advance mate like slot and cam if possible, especially when you need to use contact in motion study
2. (I might be wrong but...) Mirror component often cause issue in motion study because of how solidworks rebuild mirror component, avoid mirror component if possible
3. If your analysis/simulation allow, you can combine your "car" into a single part to simplify the simulation

If you just need a simple animation, you can do a quick and dirty workaround where you have a continuous surface in your top moving part that is created with fit spline together with a tangent mate. You can hide the surface so that it is not visible in your animation.
(Generally, i try to avoid contact whenever possible when it comes to animation)
image.png
animation-1.gif
Edit-01:
Apparently i submitted too quickly and the the SWX file had not been properly uploaded. Re-attach the SWx file
Attachments
2136_scissor-lift-mechanism-in-solidworks_MOD.zip
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Assis As

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:10 am i took a look on your files..

A few comment:

image.png

animation-1.gif

Edit-01:

thank you very very much will try it now
Assis As

how can i do this part " If your analysis/simulation allow, you can combine your "car" into a single part to simplify the simulation"

Thank you
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:10 am i took a look on your files..

..darn you did it before me.... good job! UU
Attachments
2022-08-29 06 36 15.png
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
Assis As

zxys001 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:37 am
this step is confusing extrude surface
Assis As

zxys001 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:37 am
thank you for response
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Assis As wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:54 am this step is confusing extrude surface
Hello Assis, it's actually exactly what I would have done, using "FitSpline" you create a continous surface for the wheels to track along.
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
Assis As

zxys001 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:56 am Hello Assis, it's actually exactly what I would have done, using "FitSpline" you create a continous surface for the wheels to track along.
i have tried to create that surface by fitspline but not success , i choose plane as sketch than should i introduce points on the surface?

thank you
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Assis As wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:02 am i have tried to create that surface by fitspline but not success , i choose plane as sketch than should i introduce points on the surface?

thank you
Just use your existing wheels tangency constraints on the fitspline surface.