Not Getting Notified of Replies To My Post

We're all ears.
Cbecks Design
Answers: 0

Not Getting Notified of Replies To My Post

Unread post by Cbecks Design »

Most likely... I'm doing something wrong.

For most of my posts I get emails for when somebody replies. And also a "Notifiaction" in the upper right of this screen.
But for this post below, I got neither. Even though the "Subscribe" box is checked.

viewtopic.php?t=2174

People gave answers 5 days ago but I never saw them. Until I clicked on "My Posts" and then went directly to that post. I was surprised to see there were a number of answers.

Is there some other setting I need to activate?
Cbecks Design

Re: Not Getting Notified of Replies To My Post

Oh jeez... found the answer. Very counterintuitive (for my mind anyway.)

Now looking for how to automatically subscribe to every post I write. Searched a while here, haven't found it yet.
Attachments
Subscribed.png
Not Subscribed.png
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

Cbecks Design wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:12 pm Oh jeez... found the answer. Very counterintuitive (for my mind anyway.)

Now looking for how to automatically subscribe to every post I write. Searched a while here, haven't found it yet.
You can subscribe to individual topics or to forums, but there's no other way to subscribe. I bookmark to unread posts, which doesn't tell responses...

You can get a notification on certain actions, like someone responds to a topic you've bookmarked/subscribed, or they quote you, or they mention your username or ...ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

Cbecks Design wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:12 pm Now looking for how to automatically subscribe to every post I write. Searched a while here, haven't found it yet.
I thought this is the default behavior? AFAIK, i will be automatically subscribed whenever i create a new topic and reply to a topic.
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Cbecks Design

Strange! Now if I look at the settings for this post of mine, it does not look like I'm subscribed. But I got emails about both of your responses.

:?
Attachments
Subbed or no.png
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

This is what you want to turn on:
image.png
It is found here:
image.png
image.png (17.98 KiB) Viewed 1069 times