unable to see all circle relations

Mike Gera
Answers: 0

unable to see all circle relations

Unread post by Mike Gera »

If I have a .SLTPRT sketch that has a fully constrained (x, y, and diameter) circle and I click on the circle itself, I only see the diameter relation under "Existing Relations".

How would I see the x and y relations?

In other words, why aren't the circle's center point relations displaying?

If I click on the center point, sometimes I see the relation I need to, and sometimes I don't.

I feel like clicking on the circle itself should show all relations.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any replies, as always.
by SPerman » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:14 pm
I have seen the same behavior. The center point and the circumference are treated as two different entities.

I typically use the "Display Relations" button and try and use the filters to narrow it down from there. ( Worst case I just scroll through the available options until I find the one I am looking for.)
Go to full post
SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: unable to see all circle relations

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Top left circle is constrained vertically to origin (#2)
Top right circle is constrained to nothing
Bottom left circle is constrained coincidently to the origin (#1)
Bottom right circle is constrained horizontally to the origin (#3)
image.png
If there isn't a relation, it isn't constrained as far as I know. Do you have examples where that is not the case?
Mike Gera

Hey Alex,

If I click on the 1/4" diameter circle in the attached circle_test.SLTPRT file, all I see is the "Diameter7" existing relation.

Even if I use a selection box to select the circle (and, presumably, its center point), all I see is "Diameter7".

-Mike
Attachments
circle_test.SLDPRT
(29.95 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

I have seen the same behavior. The center point and the circumference are treated as two different entities.

I typically use the "Display Relations" button and try and use the filters to narrow it down from there. ( Worst case I just scroll through the available options until I find the one I am looking for.)
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Mike Gera wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:07 pm Hey Alex,

If I click on the 1/4" diameter circle in the attached circle_test.SLTPRT file, all I see is the "Diameter7" existing relation.

Even if I use a selection box to select the circle (and, presumably, its center point), all I see is "Diameter7".

-Mike
Can't open, I'm on 2019 sorry. I've seen what you speak of too, just never have been able to reproduce it whenever it is brought up
Mike Gera

It sounds like this behavior is maybe not a "bug" per se but rather weak coding.
SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11