Increased Visibility of this Forum

Make suggestion to the moderators and admins of this site.
jmongi
Answers: 0

Increased Visibility of this Forum

Unread post by jmongi »

While VARs may feel they need to put a good face on the change-over, perhaps some of you well connected individuals could pass the word about this forum unofficially to the top VARs?

Those familar with the subreddit can post there as well.

We still need to hit critical mass of activity to keep Google interested and make this useful. I'm curious what tomorrow will bring.
Designated Pot-Stirrer
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: Increased Visibility of this Forum

Unread post by MJuric »

jmongi wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 pm
We still need to hit critical mass of activity to keep Google interested and make this useful. I'm curious what tomorrow will bring.
Looks like at least mention of this forum has made it to page 3 of the google machine when searching for "Solidworks Forum". I'm not sure how some of the other "Forums" that show up are above this a couple of them are not very active at all. Maybe time.
image.png
DennisD
Answers: 1

Re: Increased Visibility of this Forum

Unread post by DennisD »

MJuric wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:17 pm
jmongi wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 pm
Looks like at least mention of this forum has made it to page 3 of the google machine when searching for "Solidworks Forum". I'm not sure how some of the other "Forums" that show up are above this a couple of them are not very active at all. Maybe time.

image.png
Matt, "Results may vary" should be the subtitle on Google's search. When I searched for "Solidworks forums" I went out ten pages and cadforum.net still wasn't there in any form. Since Google collects all kinds of metadata to profile us, identical searches between two different people will never have the same result. Even my response here is being used by Google to refine my profile.
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch