is Pack-and-Go the way to go?

m2shell
Answers: 0

is Pack-and-Go the way to go?

Unread post by m2shell »

For years, when I want to create a new version of a design folder, i've used Pack-and-Go. But in recent years it has been annoying because my equation references do not always carry through after the pack-and-go process. I'll have to manually go through every file that references external equations, and re-assign equations to the equation.txt file in the newly created folder.

Is pack-and-go gaining me anything, or would it be just as effective to simply copy the folder and work from the new folder?

Thanks

M
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: is Pack-and-Go the way to go?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

If all the components are in the same folder it's certainly possible to copy and paste it and work from there. I assume you're aware of the potential issues with duplicate file names and will take steps to avoid them.

Many users will say to never have duplicate file names, but if handled properly it's not a big problem. I do it frequently.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
m2shell
Answers: 0

Unread post by m2shell »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:53 pm If all the components are in the same folder it's certainly possible to copy and paste it and work from there. I assume you're aware of the potential issues with duplicate file names and will take steps to avoid them.

Many users will say to never have duplicate file names, but if handled properly it's not a big problem. I do it frequently.
Cool Thanks!

I've never had a problem with duplicate file names, possibly because I'm a one-man-shop and all my designs are custom for each design with very few reused parts between projects.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

m2shell wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:03 pm Cool Thanks!

I've never had a problem with duplicate file names, possibly because I'm a one-man-shop and all my designs are custom for each design with very few reused parts between projects.
You should be fine then. Just make sure you close any files from the first folder before opening any from the second. If you want to add suspenders to your belt shut SW down and re-open it before opening files from the new folder.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"