SW2022 no revision label after state change (admin user Only)

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
mp3-250
Answers: 18

SW2022 no revision label after state change (admin user Only)

Unread post by mp3-250 »

We have a workflow that trigger a revision up after a transition to a certain state.

same sample data made from our templates looking at the history I can see the revision label (A,B,C) if a normal user changes the file state no label if "admin" user does the same.

I looked at the workflow permissions and the admin is together with the normal users with the same permissions.
Recently I started to use often the admIn user and I noticed that kind of behavior...or am I looking at the wrong place?

SW2022sp5
by JSculley » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:12 am
Do you have more than one transition into the state? In other words, is there a chance that the admin user is getting the file into this state via some other transition that isn't setting the revision?
Go to full post
JSculley
Answers: 54

Re: SW2022 no revision label after state change (admin user Only)

Unread post by JSculley »

Do you have more than one transition into the state? In other words, is there a chance that the admin user is getting the file into this state via some other transition that isn't setting the revision?
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Re: SW2022 no revision label after state change (admin user Only)

Unread post by mp3-250 »

JSculley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:12 am Do you have more than one transition into the state? In other words, is there a chance that the admin user is getting the file into this state via some other transition that isn't setting the revision?
This is a valid concern, I will check tomorrow when I go back at the office. In theory no, but the previous admin created an hell of workflows and when the legacy wf blown up, a new and more complex one replaced it... I am not surprised anymore at this point