Reload time after Filter?

MJuric
Answers: 1

Reload time after Filter?

Unread post by MJuric »

I'm on SW 2021 SP5. When I'm in an assembly and use the filter to find a part it takes FOREVER for the part to reload when I clear the filter. By FOREVER I mean 3-4 times longer than what it takes to initially load the part.

I remember this not being uber fast in 2018 but nothing near this slow. Is this a "My systems issue" or is everyone else experiencing this as well?

Thank You
by JSculley » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:08 pm
MJuric wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:54 am I'm on SW 2021 SP5. When I'm in an assembly and use the filter to find a part it takes FOREVER for the part to reload when I clear the filter. By FOREVER I mean 3-4 times longer than what it takes to initially load the part.

I remember this not being uber fast in 2018 but nothing near this slow. Is this a "My systems issue" or is everyone else experiencing this as well?

Thank You
Are you clearing it by clicking the 'X' or deleting the text? The former is orders or magnitude faster than the latter.
Go to full post
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Reload time after Filter?

Unread post by AlexLachance »

MJuric wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:54 am I'm on SW 2021 SP5. When I'm in an assembly and use the filter to find a part it takes FOREVER for the part to reload when I clear the filter. By FOREVER I mean 3-4 times longer than what it takes to initially load the part.

Thank You
Maybe a Windows update tweaked something because mine seems to be taking longer then before and I'm on 2019.
JSculley
Answers: 54

Unread post by JSculley »

Thank You
Are you clearing it by clicking the 'X' or deleting the text? The former is orders or magnitude faster than the latter.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

JSculley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:08 pm Are you clearing it by clicking the 'X' or deleting the text? The former is orders or magnitude faster than the latter.
I've always deleted the text. I will try the "X".
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

JSculley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:08 pm Are you clearing it by clicking the 'X' or deleting the text? The former is orders or magnitude faster than the latter.
So that was weird. Click the "X" and nothing happens except the text disappears. Parts do not re-appear, BUT you can manipulate the model. I had to do a rebuild to make the parts re-appear and that is WAY faster than deleting the text.

Thank You
Dwight
Answers: 2

Unread post by Dwight »

Just to further what was said, the search window accepts text editing and will start searching as soon as it can, like as soon as I get a couple of characters typed, way before I am finished. It gets so busy searching on those couple of letters, it won't accept more characters. To avoid this, I will copy text elsewhere and paste it in. That seems to get it all in fast enough that it only searches for the whole thing.

In my system, I find that if I don't hit return after pasting, it will show the results in both the graphics window and in the feature tree. If I do hit return, the result only shows in the graphics window.

I believe it is the case that if you delete the search text, it with search with a blank criteria, which finds everything but takes a while to do it. If you hit the X, then it stops searching.

Dwight