my user cannot visualize BOM (neverending "loading")

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
mp3-250
Answers: 18

my user cannot visualize BOM (neverending "loading")

Unread post by mp3-250 »

I do not know what happen, but in my test vault my user became unable to see the BOM content within the BOM tab in explorer... At some point the tab was stuck apparently loading the BOM contents.
I tried on another machine and removing my user from all groups and adding it again.
nothing changesd: a neverending loading.

Other users seems to be fine, only mine. Any idea??
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: my user cannot visualize BOM (neverending "loading")

Unread post by AlexLachance »

mp3-250 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:54 am I do not know what happen, but in my test vault my user became unable to see the BOM content within the BOM tab in explorer... At some point the tab was stuck apparently loading the BOM contents.
I tried on another machine and removing my user from all groups and adding it again.
nothing changesd: a neverending loading.

Other users seems to be fine, only mine. Any idea??
Huh...? Viewing a BOM in Explorer...? Is this on PDM? Are your BOM's exported as excel's...?
mp3-250

Unread post by mp3-250 »

yes it was from the PDM explorer interface.

now the problem is gone... probably the query behind the tab stopped in the SQL serverand got reset after some time apparently.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

mp3-250 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:20 am yes it was from the PDM explorer interface.

now the problem is gone... probably the query behind the tab stopped in the SQL serverand got reset after some time apparently.
If it rehappens and you have access to the server that hosts your PDM, you could perhaps restart it's process to see if the SQL is back to functional.
mp3-250

Unread post by mp3-250 »

I was setting up a new bom, whikle refreshing the explorer wIndow to see the changes in realtime. probably the sql did not liked me refreshing the bom and changing settings during my tests.