Does anyone actually use 3DExperience in a productive manner?

AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Does anyone actually use 3DExperience in a productive manner?

Unread post by AlexLachance »

I like the subtle title change :lol:
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

dave.laban wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:50 am Interesting data point they've published; https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... vqWYgSidwA

image.png
Minus the 20,000 Dassault employees right? Wonder if individual customer users are included in that metric.
Jason
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

dave.laban wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:50 am Interesting data point they've published; https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... vqWYgSidwA

image.png
That's specific to the 3Dswym. So I would assume that to be the average number of unique user names that signed in to the SWYM per month over the past six months. Considering it's one SWYMp for the entire platform of apps that number isn't staggering. It's very hard to tell but it sounds like anyone using one of the apps is signed into the platform so they are inherently signed into the SWYM. That's significantly different than forum usage metric before as there were many desktopworks users that never to seldom signed into the solidworks forum.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

If anyone got money they can part with, here is 40% off
https://www.3ds.com/store/3dexperience-world
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

Are there places that use a comma separator for both thousands and decimals?
image.png
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
AlexLachance

SPerman wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:45 am Are there places that use a comma separator for both thousands and decimals?

image.png
Wow, a year of SolidWorks Cloud for Businesses for 1,54$! :lol:

I've seen both used, but not at the same time in such a manner that could have people interpret numbers in different ways.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

SPerman wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:45 am Are there places that use a comma separator for both thousands and decimals?

image.png
They probably just accidentally left off a zero at the end of the one on the right.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
DennisD
Answers: 1

Unread post by DennisD »

image.png
Ahem, that should be in the Jokes thread.

It IS a joke, right?
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Frederick_Law

Another disruptive innovation.
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

Frederick_Law wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:01 pm Another disruptive innovation.
Reminds me of when I was working in a fab shop and the old timer they had teaching me (or trying to, I wasn't a great student). He would say to me, "Boy, you could @#!% up a two-car funeral procession!"
Frederick_Law

bnemec wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:49 pm "Boy, you could @#!% up a two-car funeral procession!"
DS got it down to 1,0.
Glenn Schroeder

bnemec wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:49 pm Reminds me of when I was working in a fab shop and the old timer they had teaching me (or trying to, I wasn't a great student). He would say to me, "Boy, you could @#!% up a two-car funeral procession!"
I've heard something similar about people who seem to always be breaking things. "He could tear up an iron ball with a rubber mallet."
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

"Break an anvil with a banana" is the phrase I've heard regularly.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
wgering
Answers: 0

Unread post by wgering »

Got some more 3DX success stories for y'all...

I'm on Day 4 with no cloud save capability, and the application engineer from my VAR admits to being stumped. The path we're going down now involves me creating an entirely new SolidWorks ID and 3DX user profile because, and I'm quoting here, "I think your current credentials might be haunted."

Additionally, today I get to dine on a full diet of SPAM courtesy of the 3DX license checker:
Screenshot (30).png
To add insult to injury, I got this in an email from Dassault this morning:
Screenshot(31).png
I'm beginning to think they're doing this to me on purpose...
WGERING 2023 has encountered
a problem and needs to close.
AlexLachance

wgering wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:26 pm Got some more 3DX success stories for y'all...

I'm on Day 4 with no cloud save capability, and the application engineer from my VAR admits to being stumped. The path we're going down now involves me creating an entirely new SolidWorks ID and 3DX user profile because, and I'm quoting here, "I think your current credentials might be haunted."

Additionally, today I get to dine on a full diet of SPAM courtesy of the 3DX license checker:
Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot(31).png

Ouch, I feel your pain.
dave.laban
Answers: 4

Unread post by dave.laban »

I can only imagine the frustration it's causing you, but please know your tales from the 3DX front line are at least really useful from an educational point of view!
Diaval
Answers: 7

Unread post by Diaval »

wgering wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:26 pm Got some more 3DX success stories for y'all...

Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot(31).png

Do you have any Attributes set to read only on platform for your SW files? If so, that may be why save is failing. There is a regression in FD01 that was just released over the weekend that causes save to fail if an attribute on platform is set to read only. To work around it you can remove read only for the attribute for now until a fix is deployed.
-- To espouse elucidation we must eschew obfuscation
RichGergely

Unread post by RichGergely »

Sounds to me like they really need a total revamp on the quality control.

On the desktop version you can live with SP0, 1 and 2 might have a major bug that will stop you working. You have the option not to load it on until the early release bugs are ironed out at maybe SP3.
wgering

Unread post by wgering »

Diaval wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:59 am Do you have any Attributes set to read only on platform for your SW files? If so, that may be why save is failing. There is a regression in FD01 that was just released over the weekend that causes save to fail if an attribute on platform is set to read only. To work around it you can remove read only for the attribute for now until a fix is deployed.
Negative. I finally got a response from DS over the weekend, apparently there's a bug that prevents SLDASM files from saving properly if they contain components in Released maturity state...so you know, just another one of their much-vaunted PLM features that just stopped working and brought my workflow to a grinding halt for a week.

The fix was actually pretty easy once the root cause was found, a quick trip into RegEdit and now I'm back up and running, but damn it's annoying to do beta testing for this thing....
jcapriotti

See, in our environment we would've tested new changes in a test environment prior to rollout into production. So this type of issue would likely get caught.....especially something that basic. This is my problem with a cloud systems where they upgrade everyone to the latest changes and you have no choice but to accept it.
Jason
Frederick_Law

wgering wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:11 pm Negative. I finally got a response from DS over the weekend, apparently there's a bug that prevents SLDASM files from saving properly if they contain components in Released maturity state...so you know, just another one of their much-vaunted PLM features that just stopped working and brought my workflow to a grinding halt for a week.

The fix was actually pretty easy once the root cause was found, a quick trip into RegEdit and now I'm back up and running, but damn it's annoying to do beta testing for this thing....
They already loved to change default setting in SW and break everything.
Looks like they got it on the cloud too.

Why I can't access anything?
Oh we have a new setting to lock user out. We set it on by default on last update.
;;
mattpeneguy

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

wgering wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:11 pm Negative. I finally got a response from DS over the weekend, apparently there's a bug that prevents SLDASM files from saving properly if they contain components in Released maturity state...so you know, just another one of their much-vaunted PLM features that just stopped working and brought my workflow to a grinding halt for a week.

Well quit releasing things for fabrication...Problem solved...
We were/are all doing that for SW Desktop. So, why would DS pay for that service for 3DXP?
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

Even with Ry-Guy/Ryan3DS singing the praises of the platform, we still don't have anything resembling a "success story."
-
Frederick_Law

Frederick_Law wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:45 am Why I can't access anything?
Oh we have a new setting to lock user out. We set it on by default on last update.
;;
Yeap, they did.
3DEX Lock-01.jpg
AlexLachance

Frederick_Law wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:55 pm Yeap, they did.
3DEX Lock-01.jpg
Wow... <()> I hadn't seen this one pass along.
wgering

Unread post by wgering »

Okay today I have a 3DX success story that involves actual success!

We're ramping up for a limited manufacturing run with our product version 1.1, and our CEO decides to save some pennies by recycling some leftover parts and pieces we have from our 1.0 run. Now, we've done a great deal of design work on 1.1 and still intend to use those part and assembly files for most of the 1.1 run, but now need to incorporate these 1.0 parts in. I made a new branch of our 1.1 files designated for the incorporation of the old 1.0 parts, which I was able to switch back to from our 1.1 versions with a few clicks. Now we've got parallel dev branches so we can both continue on primary 1.1 and make necessary edits to incorporate the 1.0 parts into the new branch without affecting anything we worked on in the primary branch. Whole process only took about fifteen minutes and I never had to leave my SolidWorks window.

When it works (and that's a big "when"), 3DX can actually be a a pretty useful tool. It definitely has a steep learning curve, and I think doesn't make sense AT ALL if a customer has existing SW data mgmt infrastructure (i.e., SW PDM), but if you need to build a CAD database from scratch (as we did), it *can in fact* be used for that purpose if the admin is willing to endure some personal pain and frustration learning the thing.
Frederick_Law

Make sure you mark all the 3DX update dates and don't plan to work on that date and 2 days after.
LOL
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

I was trying to create a new 3DX account today (gosh why am i doing this...) and wondering why i could not get through

Apparently 3DX only allow specific symbol for their password and the password that i tried to use contained "/" which is prohibited.

HOWEVER
My other account which is created long ago contained "/" and has no issue login... (well.. most of the time)

<()>
image.png
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
jcapriotti

image.png
Jason
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

jcapriotti wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:14 amimage.png
So, the artist formerly known as Prince would be good to go.
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
jcapriotti

DennisD wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:25 am So, the artist formerly known as Prince would be good to go.
Right alongside the conference formerly known as SolidWorks World
Jason
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

jcapriotti wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:24 pm Right alongside the conference formerly known as SolidWorks World
GOLD!!!
- - -Randy Pausch
dave.laban

Unread post by dave.laban »

Just had HTTP error 429 "Too Many Requests: You have sent too many requests in a given amount of time." while trying to visit 3DSwym. I hope if you're running your business on their platform you can't be accused of visiting too often <()>
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 2

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

dave.laban wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:13 am Just had HTTP error 429 "Too Many Requests: You have sent too many requests in a given amount of time." while trying to visit 3DSwym. I hope if you're running your business on their platform you can't be accused of visiting too often <()>
You have to adapt to the work-speed of the platform operators. You have boarded the platform, go with the flow. Don't make us look slow.
Frederick_Law

You have reached platform 2974.9211.42488.644, it is at full capacity.
Please proceed to platform 987823.255.22785.25.675.2
jcapriotti

Frederick_Law wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:54 am You have reached platform 2974.9211.42488.644, it is at full capacity.
Please proceed to platform 987823.255.22785.25.675.2
image.png
Of course....sometimes the platform is just a brick wall.
Jason
Frederick_Law

jcapriotti wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:01 am Of course....sometimes the platform is just a brick wall.
Nothing wrong on the platform.
You're are the wrong platform.
BTW your ticket expired.
JSculley
Answers: 53

Unread post by JSculley »

Was it wrong of me to do this in my customized 3DSwym dashboard?
image.png
Frederick_Law

Wow, you put it in the Platform.

We are doomed!
XHawkeye

Unread post by XHawkeye »

@Dassault3DS reports that only 3% of @Solidworks users have taken up 3dExperience Works -- a much lower number than I'd've expected, but kind of inline with user disinterest at 3dexperience World events.

Commentary by @monica_schnitge on Dassaults' Q1 at https://t.co/x7rA8axkJ7
AlexLachance

XHawkeye wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:55 am @Dassault3DS reports that only 3% of @Solidworks users have taken up 3dExperience Works -- a much lower number than I'd've expected, but kind of inline with user disinterest at 3dexperience World events.

Commentary by @monica_schnitge on Dassaults' Q1 at https://t.co/x7rA8axkJ7
Dassault's Stock took a pretty big hit yesterday after they reported that they are targetting a lower adjusted margin.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow-jo ... ted-profit
jcapriotti

XHawkeye wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:55 am @Dassault3DS reports that only 3% of @Solidworks users have taken up 3dExperience Works -- a much lower number than I'd've expected, but kind of inline with user disinterest at 3dexperience World events.
How many of that 3% is the makers edition users?
Jason
AlexLachance

jcapriotti wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:52 am How many of that 3% is the makers edition users?
And how many are VAR's or Dassault employees? :lol:
jcapriotti

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:57 am And how many are VAR's or Dassault employees? :lol:
I guess after July 1st, it will be 100%. That should get the stock holders excited o[
image.png
Jason
mattpeneguy

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

jcapriotti wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:11 pm I guess after July 1st, it will be 100%. That should get the stock holders excited o[

image.png
Are they giving us back Draftsight on the cloud?
Frederick_Law

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:57 am And how many are VAR's or Dassault employees? :lol:
And people paid 3 times but cannot login or install? ~~~~
Frederick_Law

jcapriotti wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:11 pm I guess after July 1st, it will be 100%. That should get the stock holders excited o[

image.png
Cloud for every seat:
Cloud-01.jpg
Glenn Schroeder

Does anyone else hear crickets?

image.png

DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

image.png
What's happening July 1st?
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

DanPihlaja wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:26 pm What's happening July 1st?
The next step of assimilation.

image.png
-