Planning

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
RichGergely
Answers: 0

Planning

Unread post by RichGergely »

At the moment I have a planning proposal going through for a extension on my property. Anyway it's gone through the initial consultation for neighbours and is on to the final approval which I should get within the next few weeks.

There was just one objection, as such, it is more conditions than objection. It's quite funny, yes I understand no-one enjoys building work going on but that's life. The quicker it's done the better anyway below is what they have requested which they have pretty well no chance of being a requirement of granting planning permission.

-------------------------------------------
so our garden backs on to the garden of the applicants.
We do not object to the proposed development.
I therefore hope to enjoy sitting in my
garden this summer as much as possible given that I need to avoid going out into crowded spaces as much as I can.
In relation to the development process I therefore request the following:
1. No building work to begin before September 2023.
2. The part of the site under development be enclosed with scaffold sheeting to minimise spread of dust from block cutting
etc.
3. No noisy or dust creating processes (such as block cutting) be under-taken outside the screened area.
The above is requested to avoid a loss of a significant amenity
Like most neighbouring properties we use a washing line as much as possible in the summer to conserve energy, avoiding the use
of tumble dryers. The conditions requested above would enable this energy efficiency to be maintained this summer, avoiding the
risk of building dust soiling our washing
-------------------------------------------
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: Planning

Unread post by SPerman »

I bet they will be a joy to deal with once you move in.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Good luck. I'm very fortunate to live out in the country, on land I own, and don't have to ask for permission to do pretty much anything I want on it.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Easier to scaffold neighbor property .....
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

You could always build the scaffolding and then leave it up once the construction is done. They can stare at blue tarps for the next few years.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:52 pm Good luck. I'm very fortunate to live out in the country, on land I own, and don't have to ask for permission to do pretty much anything I want on it.
Same here, the locals don't complain much.....they just graze on grass in my back yard. :D

Of course, one of my neighbors "slithered" into my garage yesterday and took refuge behind my deep freeze. Some of them can be quite ornery.
Jason