Part Bodies hiding in an assembly

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Ronan1961
Answers: 0

Part Bodies hiding in an assembly

Unread post by Ronan1961 »

I have 3 components of the same type that have mysteriously become hidden in an assembly. They are the curved strips in the screenshot. I can't make them show. it happened after I mirrored them. Hav since deleted the mirror. The only way I can get them to temporarily show up is to is to select in the path finder and use "Select related Faces". The part opens fine. If I drag in another copy of the part from path finder that is visible. The part also shows up if I select Edit Definition.
Any ideas on the cause of this? Obviously I can just delete and re -insert them.
image.png
by KennyG » Mon May 22, 2023 12:40 pm
Doesn't look like your STEP file has any geometry in it. Ran it through the NIST STEP Analyzer to confirm.
Go to full post
Ronan1961

Re: Part Bodies hiding in an assembly

I partially found the cause of the problem. The curved strip is imported as a sheet metal part. Yet SE can't convert it to sheet metal apparently because there are no straight edges. The mass properties are 0. It should weigh about 12-20 grams. Do SE it sort of treating it as surfaces. In the assembly it initially shows ok but when mirrored it hides. I made it redisplay by show hide component -ticking surfaces. So that solves my direct problem. :D
As an aside
How would one convert this to sheet metal.
Can you get pattern recognise to pickup the 8 holes

Attached is the file in step 242 format as I am using the community version.

image.png
Attachments
Curved Strip 4`5' rad 89b.stp
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
KennyG
Answers: 7

Unread post by KennyG »

Doesn't look like your STEP file has any geometry in it. Ran it through the NIST STEP Analyzer to confirm.
Ronan1961

KennyG wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:40 pm Doesn't look like your STEP file has any geometry in it. Ran it through the NIST STEP Analyzer to confirm.
Thank you. mmm... Don't know what caused that. So I reimported the part from Sw. All is fine now.