Bullet lists suck

We're all ears.
HerrTick
Answers: 1

Bullet lists suck

Unread post by HerrTick »

Sorry. There was a typo. Bullet lists SUUUUUUUCK!

Just try and use them and come to a different conclusion.

If you select multiple lines (each terminated with a return), only the top line is bulleted. I had to select each line individually to make a decent looking list.

Don't even want to know how awful indented bullet lists might be.
HerrTick

Re: Bullet lists suck

Also, there's no way to move a thread to a more appropriate category once it's posted. Maybe a good thing? But I wish I posted this in the "What's wrong" forum.
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

There is a secret to bulleted lists. I'll tell you about it later. Actually I'm on my phone at Easter at the in-laws, so I'll write more about it when I'm on a real computer.

Also, I can move topics. Let me know what you want to move.
matt

Unread post by matt »

Ok, somehow I survived Easter at the in=laws. Here's how to do lists in phpbb without hurling heavy objects or cursing like the guy in that Christmas movie.

To get something that looks like this:
  • first
  • second
  • third
  • fourth
You have to type it in like this:
image.png
To get a numbered list, but the first number of the list after the =. Same for a lettered list.

1. first
  2. second
  3. third
  4. fourth
image.png
I don't know how to do other types of lists, but if someone complains about it, I'll try to figure it out.

the phpbb equivalent of html is a little painful.
HerrTick

Can this be fixed with a change of script?
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

HerrTick wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:33 pm Can this be fixed with a change of script?
There might be an add-on made to make it more user friendly. Haven't looked though. IMO it has to do with the board version because I can do these as usual on another board that I go to that also uses phpBB
matt

Unread post by matt »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:41 pm There might be an add-on made to make it more user friendly. Haven't looked though. IMO it has to do with the board version because I can do these as usual on another board that I go to that also uses phpBB
I'm using the extension. Can you direct me to that other board? Hold it, are you talking about tables or lists?
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

matt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:18 pm
AlexLachance wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:41 pm There might be an add-on made to make it more user friendly. Haven't looked though. IMO it has to do with the board version because I can do these as usual on another board that I go to that also uses phpBB
I'm using the extension. Can you direct me to that other board? Hold it, are you talking about tables or lists?
lol, it's a french simulation hockey league, but after rechecking no need to send it to you, it works the same as here.

I'm refering to lists and tables, but after a second check, it seems it acts the same way. Kind of odd, I could have sworn I've made posts with dots-list inside them. I must be mixing things up.