Configuring Solidworks Bending Parameters to Match Press

jmongi
Answers: 0

Configuring Solidworks Bending Parameters to Match Press

Unread post by jmongi »

We recently purchased a CNC press and I'd like to make sure that the flat panel generated by Solidworks matches the bend allowances generated by our press, not by Solidworks. Can anyone help me find the right parameters to adjust?

On the press we can manually enter a finished flange length and see the negative offset calculation to account for the die bend radius, deformation and everything else. My question is how exactly to translate that value into a custom bend allowance or bend reduction or whatever the appropriate parameter is.
Designated Pot-Stirrer
AlexB
Answers: 25

Re: Configuring Solidworks Bending Parameters to Match Press

Unread post by AlexB »

You'll probably have to run some test sheets through the press to verify your bend table parameters.

Produce a sample, measure the sample, update bend table, verify SW matches real world result.
TTevolve
Answers: 3

Unread post by TTevolve »

What company did you purchase the press break from? We are looking at Amanda and Trump ones and both have bends table that can be downloaded into Solidworks.
DennisD
Answers: 1

Unread post by DennisD »

jmongi wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:45 am We recently purchased a CNC press and I'd like to make sure that the flat panel generated by Solidworks matches the bend allowances generated by our press, not by Solidworks. Can anyone help me find the right parameters to adjust?

On the press we can manually enter a finished flange length and see the negative offset calculation to account for the die bend radius, deformation and everything else. My question is how exactly to translate that value into a custom bend allowance or bend reduction or whatever the appropriate parameter is.
Been there. Done that. We figured out how to explain and measure our K-factors with great results.

You should be verifying what the CNC is computing as well as what SWX is computing. The only way to do that is by measuring coupons before and after bending. See files here:
https://cadforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=66 ... ctor#p6667
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Don't try to "translate" press setting to SW.
Not yet.
Not until you compared model to bend part and got them to match.