Assembly Files Sketch Driven Patterns

JMOS4
Answers: 0

Assembly Files Sketch Driven Patterns

Unread post by JMOS4 »

Hi all,

I have a file that because of the way it was modeled the hole patterns are patterned so adding a fastener to a set of holes SW does not recognize them as something you can driven from a pattern, my work around was to add a sketch in the assembly and use that to drive my fastener locations only issues seems to be when I close the file and go back in it errors out until I open each configuration Sketch I created to drive the locations.

Is there something I am not doing correctly, as trying not to add a set of fasteners to each hole if I don't have to.

Version 2020 sp 5.0

Regards,
Jim
by DanPihlaja » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:59 am
Try adding a rebuild save/mark to each configuration
(Solidworks is loading a huge assembly right now, so I can't give you a snapshot of what I mean, but if you RMB on your configuration you can select "add rebuild/save mark" or something similar)

This may help.

What this does is stores the configuration data in the file (making the file size larger) rather than requiring a rebuild when you switch configurations.
Go to full post
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Re: Assembly Files Sketch Driven Patterns

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Try adding a rebuild save/mark to each configuration
(Solidworks is loading a huge assembly right now, so I can't give you a snapshot of what I mean, but if you RMB on your configuration you can select "add rebuild/save mark" or something similar)

This may help.

What this does is stores the configuration data in the file (making the file size larger) rather than requiring a rebuild when you switch configurations.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
JMOS4
Answers: 0

Re: Assembly Files Sketch Driven Patterns

Unread post by JMOS4 »

Hi again,

I figured it out and seems to work
image.png
image.png (28.48 KiB) Viewed 305 times
this is Afterwords but just right click on the configurations and you will see it
image.png
Thanks again,
Jim