Unselect Parts to Mirror

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Ronan1961
Answers: 0

Unselect Parts to Mirror

Unread post by Ronan1961 »

How do I unselect parts to mirror in an assembly? I was just suppressing the parts put the pop up bar that contains the suppress icon stopped appearing.
image.png
by KennyG » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:25 pm
Hold down the CTRL key to unselect an already selected component when you are in the Select Components Step.
Go to full post
Ronan1961

Re: Unselect Parts to Mirror

Unread post by Ronan1961 »

I found a way. Under edit Mirror, Mirror Settings Step. Right on the component and select Exclude. I would be more intuitive to be able to graphically unselect the components.
image.png
KennyG
Answers: 7

Unread post by KennyG »

Hold down the CTRL key to unselect an already selected component when you are in the Select Components Step.
Ronan

Unread post by Ronan »

Thank you. that makes things much simpler.
Ideas are simple, once you've thought of them
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

KennyG wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:25 pm Hold down the CTRL key to unselect an already selected component when you are in the Select Components Step.
FYI, that goes for any feature that involves selecting items. It's kind of nice because then you don't accidentally deselect items, but it's not very intuitive. It took me a bit to discover that nuance.
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
Pernils
Answers: 1

Unread post by Pernils »

Hmm .. CRTL and click for unselect is normal MS standard. In other words behave the same as explorer. What's wrong with that ?
Take it 10 out of 10 times instead of the faulty attempt with selection box in SW.
Ronan

Unread post by Ronan »

Guess I am to used to "the faulty attempt with selection box in SW". It's only when you change software that you find out how much you do on automatic without realising!
Ideas are simple, once you've thought of them
Pernils
Answers: 1

Unread post by Pernils »

So if you remove the feelings that could be originated to "violation of your muscle memory" do you find the tool more intuitive/production friendly ?
I made a test of cleaning up a model with lots of extra surfaces in both of the tools and they even didn't come close.
The broken model in fact as I sees it a result of the shortcomings of SW in the first place. Working with SW is like scooping water with a fork. Its cumbersome but you will get there in the end.