PDF from SPAC - Electrical CAD for Design

Talk about software, techniques, results, math, hardware, settings, etc...
milko
Answers: 0

PDF from SPAC - Electrical CAD for Design

Unread post by milko »

Good morning, I have been given PDF files produced by SPAC (Electrical CAD for Design) which present the problem indicated in the figure SPAC FIG-01.jpg.

the paths are not closed and are misaligned.
Has anyone had experiences of this type?

How do you create PDF from SPAC or CAD software ?
thx
Attachments
SPAC FIG-01.jpg
SPAC FIG-02.jpg
ctsturdiv
Answers: 0

Re: PDF from SPAC - Electrical CAD for Design

Unread post by ctsturdiv »

This may or may not help you as I am not familiar with that software, only autocad.

Yes, you CAN create a pdf with most good CAD software. I do so each week.

My drafting instructor says circles are the answer to everything.

This could be one of a few things

- The fillets (the curves) were not joined to the endpoints of the lines to begin with.
- The second picture, it seems like these are still not joined, but it is at a lower resolution so it "hides" this issue. Which still is shoddy.

However, you need to know the radius of that curve to solve this, otherwise you are guessing.

Redo your outer rectangle to the correct dimensions.

For the fillet (curve), most better software has a command for this. It is called the "fillet" command. You selecting your two lines you wish to connect using "radius", reading the command line. It should automatically do this for you.

Another way of doing it is making a circle with the diameter and putting it tangent with the corner like so then trimming those corners.

Do keep practicing. A year ago, something like that would have taken me 2 hours. Now, i could plop this problem out in about 10 minutes. After the stuff I see now, I WISH my stuff was that simple..lol!
Attachments
Tantan.jpg