STEP file

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Qtvela
Answers: 0

STEP file

Unread post by Qtvela »

Hi!

I have a STEP model to work with. It is cylinder with debossed texture around it, what I want to do is emboss same texture. I`m trying to direct edit, selecting face that I want to emboss, move face/offset, typing in distance and after clicking enter - it gives me an error. Probably because, as I mentioned before texture is wraped around the model and offset is not going one direction.

Sorry for bad english, hope you understand what I`m asking.
Thanks in advance.
zxys001
Answers: 4

Re: STEP file

Unread post by zxys001 »

Hello Otvela, what you could try is Surface Offset Copy either the debossed faces and Thicken or copy the surrounding cylinder faces and Cut Thicken.
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Re: STEP file

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Qtvela wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:23 pm Hi!

I have a STEP model to work with. It is cylinder with debossed texture around it, what I want to do is emboss same texture. I`m trying to direct edit, selecting face that I want to emboss, move face/offset, typing in distance and after clicking enter - it gives me an error. Probably because, as I mentioned before texture is wraped around the model and offset is not going one direction.

Sorry for bad english, hope you understand what I`m asking.
Thanks in advance.
If you could share the part, a lot of users here can show you how to do it.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14