DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
arild80
Answers: 0

DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern

Unread post by arild80 »

Hi

I have tried to come around a big issue that i am experience.
I do modelling in Sheet metals Default config. Mage parts that can be foldet flat to extract a DXF file to laser cut and bend accoringly.
When i make a drawing of these Sheet metal Default configs i also need to place show a flatt pattern of the
part so that laser machine has something to se how the flat pattern is.

So far so good.

BUT...
Often when i need to revise the part, i deafault config mode, making a cut or replacing an existing hole or whatever. The DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern of
the part DONT update. I need to go into the DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern and use "flattern" option 2 times. First to unfold, then to fold i back again.
Stresfull as ....

Annyone who know a good fix on this issue??

Maybe insert a code to auto update the DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern or something..
Attachments
test.zip
(199.24 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Hey ari,

I believe you aren't using the flat pattern, rather you are flattening your folded part. There is a flat pattern generated automatically with every sheet metal. Do you have images or a file?
arild80

Unread post by arild80 »

One file added where the TAB1 ruin the DefaultSM-Flat-Patterns boundery box
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

arild80 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:56 am Often when i need to revise the part, i default config mode, making a cut or replacing an existing hole or whatever. The DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern of
the part DONT update. I need to go into the DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern and use "flattern" option 2 times. First to unfold, then to fold i back again.
Stresfull as ....

Anyone who know a good fix on this issue??
The flat pattern should auto update and your attached part behaves correctly. So can you share a part where you see the issue with flat pattern?
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
arild80

Unread post by arild80 »

Here is a file and 2 pictures of what i see in Default and in DefaultSM-Flat-Pattern.
Tab1 has visible skecth when it should be hidden, and flat pattern is not updated
New Folder.7z
Model and 2 pictures added
(376.93 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
arild80

Unread post by arild80 »

Think i found out what the issue...
Right-click the sketch you want to suppress in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties. In the dialog box, select Suppressed, and then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specify Configuration(s).
In my model(s) its all set to "This configuration".... Thats why it won`t update normaly...
arild80

Unread post by arild80 »

Is there a macro that can find all skeches in a part and set "Update all configs"...
arild80

Unread post by arild80 »

And the option "Rebuild all configurations" don`t apply..
This migth have to do width the model beeing captured into Drive Works.

I`ll need to get this to DW support and get som answe i guess...

Sorry to all of you that used valuabel time to help.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Do you know the program or are you just trying to guess? Every assumption you made here is wrong.
arild80

Unread post by arild80 »

This model is a copy of existing assy and drawing.
When a part made by "Base-Flagne", saved and made a drawing of we always pull out the "Flatt pattern" to show the outline of the flat pattern and if bent plate to show distance in to the bend line.

When the project is copyed we maybe, of different reasons, need to put in small noches to "space" the weld seam correctly.
We open the copied part (witch is shown in a drawing. Default view to show bent product, and DefaultSM-flat-pattern to show distance to bend lines) and insert a base flange/tab to sketch up these notches (in default view). Then the issue comes along and mess up the defautSM-flat-pattern.

So there is a bug in solid works that I need to work around, and the work around is instead of using base flange\tab, I need to use Extrude-Boss/base