Confirm Delete Dialog Strangeness

JSculley
Answers: 53

Confirm Delete Dialog Strangeness

Unread post by JSculley »

I was helping a user with a part model issue and I watched him delete a feature and noticed that the Confirm Delete dialog didn't appear. Obviously, he had at some point in the past clicked the 'Don't show again' checkbox in this dialog so I had him undo the delete, clear that entry in the system options and do the delete again. This time, the dialog appeared as expected, but the content was a little strange:
image.png
image.png (27.35 KiB) Viewed 544 times
For some items, instead of showing the entity names, it looks like it is showing some sort of internal GUID. Neat.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Confirm Delete Dialog Strangeness

Unread post by AlexLachance »

That's weird, it seems to be displaying ID's rather then feature names. Never seen that happen. Does the assembly contain parts/assemblies from previous version?
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

It's not relevant to your question, but the Confirm Delete dialog box is one that I firmly believe should never be dismissed. There are too many variables, depending on the situation, and hiding it for one situation hides it for all of them.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
JSculley
Answers: 53

Unread post by JSculley »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:46 am It's not relevant to your question, but the Confirm Delete dialog box is one that I firmly believe should never be dismissed. There are too many variables, depending on the situation, and hiding it for one situation hides it for all of them.
I would go a step further. Any dialog with more than two options such as Yes/No should not be dismissible, and even some of those are still dangerous. Here's my list of dismissed dialogs:
image.png
AlexLachance

JSculley wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:41 am I would go a step further. Any dialog with more than two options such as Yes/No should not be dismissible, and even some of those are still dangerous. Here's my list of dismissed dialogs:

image.png
I try to avoid those that revolve around rebuilds also, but that's mostly because I've had to deal with people who do circular references continually and do not use our master sketches.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

JSculley wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:41 am I would go a step further. Any dialog with more than two options such as Yes/No should not be dismissible, and even some of those are still dangerous. Here's my list of dismissed dialogs:

image.png
Mine is a little longer.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
dave.laban
Answers: 4

Unread post by dave.laban »

Getting self conscious at my Dismissed Messages list that's so long it needs a scrollbar at this point!
AlexLachance

Mine's pretty short:lol:
image.png
-Adding dimension will "overmate", would you like to have it be driven
-1:1 scale output warning
-edge fusion is defined at 0,000001....
-One or more functions of this part is based on other documents...
-Performance warning for add-on
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Unread post by mp3-250 »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:11 am Mine's pretty short:lol:

image.png

-Adding dimension will "overmate", would you like to have it be driven
-1:1 scale output warning
-edge fusion is defined at 0,000001....
-One or more functions of this part is based on other documents...
-Performance warning for add-on
I found out and reported (it has an SPR-BR) that performance warning stops working if the save remainder is not active.