hole displays inches not mm

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
philem
Answers: 0

hole displays inches not mm

Unread post by philem »

Quick question guys.

I am having a few troubles with holes,
one of them is: I have the units set to Metric, when I put hole in the part and want to edit the hole the options box shows the dimensions in Inches,

1/ Why is that ? and
2/ How would I change it to show metric ?

Thanks in advance
KennyG
Answers: 7

Re: hole displays inches not mm

Unread post by KennyG »

The File Units controls all dialog units. If you have Dimensions placed, they are controlled via the Dimension Format specified and can be set different.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Forgive my lack of attention, I was mistaken.
KennyG

Unread post by KennyG »

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:09 pm image.png

I believe this is what you're looking for.
Trying to be funny or did you forget what group you were in?
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

KennyG wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:07 pm Trying to be funny or did you forget what group you were in?
Lol thanks for slapping me across the head, silly me I saw Solid and jumped to conclusions.
philem

Unread post by philem »

KennyG wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:00 pm The File Units controls all dialog units. If you have Dimensions placed, they are controlled via the Dimension Format specified and can be set different.
Hi KennyG, sorry for being thick, I checked the options, all is st to metric, I don't know how to get the hole dialogue box to show metric dimensions.
What did I miss ?
KennyG

Unread post by KennyG »

Sorry, I was being thick... In the hole dialog, the units change based on the Hole Standard specified. If you specify ANSI Inch, the dialog is in inches, specify ANSI Metric the dialog is in mm. Has nothing to do with Units or Dimension Format. The Units are set in the Hole DB (Excel) for each Standard on the "Units" tab. This is what drives the Holes dialog field units.

FYI, you can enter other units (i.e. "mm" in an "inch" dialog) by entering the unit label after the value (ex. "10 mm" or ".25 in").
image.png
philem

Unread post by philem »

KennyG wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:37 am Sorry, I was being thick... In the hole dialog, the units change based on the Hole Standard specified. If you specify ANSI Inch, the dialog is in inches, specify ANSI Metric the dialog is in mm. Has nothing to do with Units or Dimension Format. The Units are set in the Hole DB (Excel) for each Standard on the "Units" tab. This is what drives the Holes dialog field units.

FYI, you can enter other units (i.e. "mm" in an "inch" dialog) by entering the unit label after the value (ex. "10 mm" or ".25 in").

image.png
Thank you,
all set, happy chappy :)