2022 Suppress Component problems

SPerman
Answers: 13

2022 Suppress Component problems

Unread post by SPerman »

I have been struggling with an issue in 2022 that is probably going to force me to 2023. I have an assembly with multiple configurations, and derived configurations from those configurations. I will suppress a part in one configuration, and when I come back to it later, that part is unsuppressed. I can right click on the part and select "configure component." I will suppress said part in multiple configurations, only to have it unsuppressed in those configurations. I've had this problem on several different assemblies, but it isn't always repeatable.

At some point the suppression takes. I'm tempted to say it is because I created a drawing pointing to that configuration, but it could be that after the 3rd (or 4th, or 5th) time suppressing the component it finally takes. I know I spent about 10 hours making assemblies/drawings last week that would probably have been 7 or 8 hours of work if I hadn't spent time suppressing components over and over and over again.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: 2022 Suppress Component problems

Unread post by AlexLachance »

SPerman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:15 pm I have been struggling with an issue in 2022 that is probably going to force me to 2023. I have an assembly with multiple configurations, and derived configurations from those configurations. I will suppress a part in one configuration, and when I come back to it later, that part is unsuppressed. I can right click on the part and select "configure component." I will suppress said part in multiple configurations, only to have it unsuppressed in those configurations. I've had this problem on several different assemblies, but it isn't always repeatable.

At some point the suppression takes. I'm tempted to say it is because I created a drawing pointing to that configuration, but it could be that after the 3rd (or 4th, or 5th) time suppressing the component it finally takes. I know I spent about 10 hours making assemblies/drawings last week that would probably have been 7 or 8 hours of work if I hadn't spent time suppressing components over and over and over again.
I've encountered a bug on occasion that makes "configure component" not work unless you then "validate" every configuration by switching to them. Maybe that is your case..?
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: 2022 Suppress Component problems

Unread post by SPerman »

I'm sure it is related, if not the same bug. I went configuration by configuration, and it still didn't take.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams