Solidworks 2021 Linking BOM CELL (item no) to NOTE

zwei
Answers: 18

Solidworks 2021 Linking BOM CELL (item no) to NOTE

Unread post by zwei »

For some reason, i could not seem to link the bom cell to note in solidworks 2021

The cursor show a stop sign and nothing happens after clicking on the cell
image.png
The functionality is working fine in solidworks 2022

image.png
Anyone has similar issue before?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
TTevolve
Answers: 3

Re: Solidworks 2021 Linking BOM CELL (item no) to NOTE

Unread post by TTevolve »

I do not think you can do it since the numbers can change based on the BOM order and are not attached to the part

But, you can attach a balloon to the part and set the balloon style to none (so the circle, square, trainagle, ect is gone).
image.png
Then double click on the cell and then single click on the number to link to it in the note.
image.png
Then hide the balloon if you don't want to see it.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

zwei wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:02 am For some reason, i could not seem to link the bom cell to note in solidworks 2021

The cursor show a stop sign and nothing happens after clicking on the cell
image.png

The functionality is working fine in solidworks 2022

image.png
Anyone has similar issue before?

To link to the BOM cell number, you must use a balloon or annotation that links directly to what it is attached.

Posted this without reading TTEvolve's reply
HercalloY
Answers: 0

Unread post by HercalloY »

TTevolve wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm ...

Then hide the balloon if you don't want to see it.
I tried to test this asi recall having an issue with this ages ago. I wished i could do this how the OP shows in v2022 (testing using 2024SP1). It'll show the ITEM Number in the note as it is displayed. So i thought, okay i'll create another balloon with just the text showing with no border etc and hide it as explained by TTevolve. Only to find out as soon as you hide the Balloon, the reference hides in the note. WTF D.S. - this isn't the first time i've had to fight with very illogical behavior like this.

So i can't get this to work with the OP's v2022 claim by clicking directly in the BOM and it will work using the mainstream known method of clicking an item balloon (as long as you accept it'll show exactly as the balloon is, so you can't have a tidy digit-only).

I tried with both Hide/Show Annotation and also putting the balloon on a layer and hiding the layer. Both methods result in the reference in the note being hidden with ZERO indication it even happens let alone askihg if it should.

*headshake*
MacroEnjoyer
Answers: 0

Unread post by MacroEnjoyer »

I usually balloon the item again remove the leader, placing the balloon outside the drawing frame. Then when you click on the balloon when writing the note it should pop up corrected, it also updates should the item no. change.
Thanks,

ME