Read and write @ configuration only (configuration independent approval info)

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Read and write @ configuration only (configuration independent approval info)

Unread post by mp3-250 »

I would like to limit some variablesthat are shown in the 2d drawing to the sole @ configuration and ignore the values in other configurations. is it possible?

Our legacy data was set up with user properties linked to datacard variables for each drawn, checked, approved step with its signature and date.
also the 3d model contains the most recent 5 revision history with a title, description of the revision, and signatures and dates as above.

we do not use revision tables: we heard they coild get quite bugged and with millions of files in the vault I would avoid a radical redesign of the current system, but I want to put an end to the current mess.

also our datacards are quite bloated with tabs and difficult to read and to interact with so I am thinking of reorganize the content o be more logic, with less tabs, more similar to the drawing block appearance, and less complex to maintain.

After 5 revisions we end up with more than 50 variables in the custom property tab for the approval info that are replicated in every configuration from @.
They do not have to be configuration specific and we do not them to be configuration specific as our parts has 1 configuration and our assemblies use configuration for showing motion.
Every different arrangement in assemblies with a different BOM content has a different drw no. so there is not need to have approval info for each configuration.

In its current form if a configuration has different or missing approval information from @ (e.g. the user forgot to rebuild all the configurations at some point)the drawing info become messed up, and to fix them it takes time.