CHECK YOUR SYSTEM - warning keeps popping up!

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
TooTallToby
Answers: 0

CHECK YOUR SYSTEM - warning keeps popping up!

Unread post by TooTallToby »

Not sure if you guys ever get this, but I get it alot....so I did the only logical thing and made a song about it
DennisD
Answers: 1

Re: CHECK YOUR SYSTEM - warning keeps popping up!

Unread post by DennisD »

TooTallToby wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:48 pm Not sure if you guys ever get this, but I get it alot....so I did the only logical thing and made a song about it
I hope you didn't get paid by the word. ><
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

TooTallToby wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:48 pm Not sure if you guys ever get this, but I get it alot....so I did the only logical thing and made a song about it
I love the irony in it, it's frustrating but we can laugh about it rather then cry, cheers Toby UU
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Just turn it off.
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

Recently I upgraded to Windows 11 Professional (have use Home for >20yrs w/o issues) because I wanted a VM and Sandbox and a few other Pro options... That warning aways came up for years and I recall a few people saying it was because I used Home.... well,.. I know that is BS because I use other systems with Pro and w/ the so called certified graphics... what was interesting though, after upgrading to Pro,.. I did NOT get that error!? Well after a few days, and it came back?!.... LOL,.. never ceases to amaze or needle me.
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Yeap, video card and not enough memory.
ryan-feeley

Unread post by ryan-feeley »

Love it! Digging the dimension of 42. Perhaps 66 should have been 66.6? Or is that asking for more than a naggy popup given that even opening Solidworks means dabbling with dark forces better left alone.
Craig Schultz

Unread post by Craig Schultz »

Frederick_Law wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:48 pm Yeap, video card and not enough memory.
Happens to me randomly. Sometimes on a very basic part.

128GB RAM, Quadro RTX 4000 "Shouldn't" be an issue.
AlexLachance

Craig Schultz wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:15 am Happens to me randomly. Sometimes on a very basic part.

128GB RAM, Quadro RTX 4000 "Shouldn't" be an issue.
Run RX and see what it tells you. If there is a red X, address it.
image.png
Craig Schultz

Unread post by Craig Schultz »

The only red x is the system "There is no information on your configuration in our database"

Even though it's Boxx ,even though I have run the diagnostic test on it and submitted to their database. So there's that.

I have just come to accept "It's SW, and it's a day ending in 'y'" on some of the quirks over the last 25 years.
TooTallToby

Unread post by TooTallToby »

Thanks guys these comments are cracking me up!!
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:19 am Run RX and see what it tells you. If there is a red X, address it.

image.png
I get the "check your system" message almost every day and there are no red X's on mine. And the only warning is that I am not on the latest version.
image.png
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
AlexLachance

DanPihlaja wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:40 pm I get the "check your system" message almost every day and there are no red X's on mine. And the only warning is that I am not on the latest version.
image.png
We don't really get it much anymore unless we're working on heavy assemblies/drawings and when we were getting it my VAR kept telling me that it would give me a warning as long as there's a Red X, which is why I figured I'd point it out.
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:46 pm We don't really get it much anymore unless we're working on heavy assemblies/drawings and when we were getting it my VAR kept telling me that it would give me a warning as long as there's a Red X, which is why I figured I'd point it out.
I guess the point that was saying was that it has cried wolf so often that I completely ignore it now. And If I ever call a VAR and the VAR mentions that it is an issue, then it will almost completely discredit him/her in my eyes. Unless they can point out a rock solid reason that it is happening and the diagnostics aren't picking it up.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
AlexLachance

DanPihlaja wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:46 am I guess the point that was saying was that it has cried wolf so often that I completely ignore it now. And If I ever call a VAR and the VAR mentions that it is an issue, then it will almost completely discredit him/her in my eyes. Unless they can point out a rock solid reason that it is happening and the diagnostics aren't picking it up.
Yeah I understand that, I worked on that really hard because it was often used as an excuse "lol look at your RX it says something is wrong, fix that and come back to us if the issue persists"