A Complete 360

Discuss Fusion 360 with other users
Roasted By John
Answers: 1

A Complete 360

Unread post by Roasted By John »

For all the CAD guys that use SW - IV - SE, going to Fusion 360 may be a step backward, but I've been getting more proficient with it as the days go on, it's actually fun learning the twists and turns, definitely easy and intuitive to use. The biggest stickler on the whole thing is learning where they store their Icons and Options etc.

I do miss the Custom Property Tab Builder, but there is a add in that's available, however those custom properties are only available by exporting the BOM.

The assembly process isn't too bad, plus you can easily setup a SSP and do the entire design in one file, that will take some getting used to.

Really not bad, guys
image.png
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
Arthur NY
Answers: 0

Re: A Complete 360

Unread post by Arthur NY »

@John: I don't think anyone is thinking that F360 is horrible but it's in a different lane than SW, IV, or SE. Just like Catia, NX, and Creo are in different lanes. F360 has it's place but there are still many short comings and buggy areas that AD "should" have rolled out flawlessly.

The UI/UX is really not that great when it comes to Top Down vs Multi Body. It's creating a lot of users with bad habits in terms of overall process and approaches to working in a team environment. Granted each CAD software has it's Pros/Cons.......:)
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

If I switch software it will be to something better than Solidworks, not worse. A downgrade isn't an option. We're already doing that by installing new versions.... (note the lack of purple text).

Solid Edge is looking pretty good. It really takes the opposite approach from F360 and SWX as far as user discipline and workflow stability. Rather than allowing you to make parts willy-nilly with umpteen different workflows, SE aims for consistency and keeping references untangled. Fusion seems to be allowing an even more "cheap grace" approach than SWX.
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
Roasted By John
Answers: 1

Unread post by Roasted By John »

Now I know why Wyrmwood wants to do everything in Fusion 360
image.png
image.png (3.87 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
The Dope Rope is legal in Mass
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way