Razer Tartarus

Computers, video cards, laptops, mice, spaceballs, network equipment...
matt
Answers: 18

Razer Tartarus

Unread post by matt »

Does anyone have one of these? Have you tried it for CAD? Tons of buttons for hotkeys/macros, a wheel and some kind of hat device for the thumb. This looks like a left hand gizmo. I don't think it could replace a mouse unless that hat thing works like a joystick. Not sure if it could replace a spaceball either.
image.png
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: Razer Tartarus

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

When I was investigating mice, I bought a Razer one. I was pretty upset that it didn't store the settings on the mouse itself and required a program to run in the background to keep track of the mappings. I have no idea if that's how this thing works, but before I'd consider that company again, I'd make sure it doesn't work like that.
That may not be a big deal to you, but it was for me.
Tom G
Answers: 0

Re: Razer Tartarus

Unread post by Tom G »

One guy I was chatting with this week said that he used this thing for learning SWx at school, and had never used a 3D mouse. I think the thumb hat does work as an analog joystick, though I did not ask about it. He said that he puts commands on those buttons, and likes that they are color code-able. I had not seen this device before your post here, but I recognized the name because he mispronounced it badly and I resisted the inclination to correct him.

He is also a heavy gamer, so I believe his primary interest in it transcends CAD.

I took some time to explain both the S-menu and mouse gestures as fast inputs, which was new to him and he was excited to try those out.

To me, this simply reproduces the left side of the keyboard, which I am already comfortable with. I would not use it with CAD.