How is that possible?

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
MJuric
Answers: 1

How is that possible?

Unread post by MJuric »

@matt

So how is it possible that you put together a forum, that's better organized, easier to use, more fun and probably has more users in a week than a company with the resources of DS can do in months and months of planning?
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: How is that possible?

Unread post by mike miller »

BECAUSE THE OWNER CARES!
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

MJuric wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:31 pm @matt

So how is it possible that you put together a forum, that's better organized, easier to use, more fun and probably has more users in a week than a company with the resources of DS can do in months and months of planning?
I was looking for a fun project that might turn into something. Some of my other projects just turned into time dumps, but I think this one will pay off.

Plus, I think I can say this now that there has been enough time under the bridge, mixaphorically speaking, I watched how Siemens did it, and spent SOOOOO much money to do it wrong, and put the wrong people in charge, and the simplest changes took months and SOOOOO much obstruction and bureaucracy and stupidity, and they still promoted the people that messed everything up. It was easy to learn from that lesson.

Plus, I'm dedicated to it, and as someone mentioned, I care. Which I know big corporations see as a weakness, but I don't.

Thanks for noticing. But please realize I'm not going to make 100% of people happy 100% of the time. But I'll try, or you'll get a real reason why I can't do it.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Because Matt set it up for the simple purpose of what its supposed to be, a place for CAD users to gather, share tips, questions, and occasional fun stuff. The CAD vendors seem to have another purpose, how do we make more money off them and get to switch over to our cloud offering. by forcing them into the system and tell them this is better than forums, it's an "Experience". Except Dassault has created their own thing and they have absolutely no experience in creating a forum/social media platform. 3DInexperience from what I've see so far.
Jason
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I'm still stuck on their decision to make the new platform inaccessible by Google. Every other stupid decision (and there have been plenty) pales in comparison.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

matt wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:42 pm
But please realize I'm not going to make 100% of people happy 100% of the time.
Anyone who expects that has never been married :-)
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:26 pm I'm still stuck on their decision to make the new platform inaccessible by Google. Every other stupid decision (and there have been plenty) pales in comparison.
I posted on that in the original forum this AM. This decision makes more sense to me now that I think I understand the underlying reason for moving to that forum anyway.

The 3DSywm platform is essentially a tool and a gateway to get people onto the 3DE product platform not to actually support the software products. As I said there, either you are using the 3DE platform and already know about it and are already connected to it or you're not and if you're not using it will be laborious, confusing and difficult so they do not want people that aren't using it on the community.

The point I think that most are missing is that "3DSywm Platform" = "3DExperience Products". That "Forum" is actually PART OF the 3DExperience products. If you purchased "3DExpereince Solidworks" you would install it and it would also install the 3DSywm platform and automatically connect you to the "3DExperience Solidworks Community"

You would not only the "3Dsymw" platform for the Forum/Community but you would end up using it, and it's more complex tools, every day for things like sharing files, collaboration etc etc.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:26 pm I'm still stuck on their decision to make the new platform inaccessible by Google. Every other stupid decision (and there have been plenty) pales in comparison.
I kind of asked this question on the new community over there.

https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... cvsKEj-r7A
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

MJuric wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:00 am

I checked the link, and saw that you have a reply already. I started typing out a response to that reply, but decided that I have better ways to waste my time and exited the page without posting it.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:17 am

I checked the link, and saw that you have a reply already. I started typing out a response to that reply, but decided that I have better ways to waste my time and exited the page without posting it.
Yes that response is from a user that essentially confirmed the point I'm making. The 3DE platform for that forum is the same platform as what is used in all the 3DE apps/programs, they are one in the same.

I think the point that user did not address is the fact that the 3DE platform was neither designed nor intended to be used as a large public forum so using it for such an application is either a poorly thought out choice or purposeful for some intended outcome, which I also mention in the post.

In either case it points to poor choices by Dassault, one which is clearly represented by the extremely low customer satisfaction we are seeing.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

MJuric wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:17 pm I think the point that user did not address is the fact that the 3DE platform was neither designed nor intended to be used as a large public forum so using it for such an application is either a poorly thought out choice or purposeful for some intended outcome, which I also mention in the post.

In either case it points to poor choices by Dassault, one which is clearly represented by the extremely low customer satisfaction we are seeing.
That's the problem.
A platform for INTERNAL (customer, supplier, employee) communication on the internet in a semi-public web-app.
What can go wrong?

Company need a secure platform will not use it. A wrong click will sent your whole project to the web.
People want to network cannot use it because its not design for that.

So, who can use it?
jcapriotti

MJuric wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:17 pm Yes that response is from a user that essentially confirmed the point I'm making. The 3DE platform for that forum is the same platform as what is used in all the 3DE apps/programs, they are one in the same.

I think the point that user did not address is the fact that the 3DE platform was neither designed nor intended to be used as a large public forum so using it for such an application is either a poorly thought out choice or purposeful for some intended outcome, which I also mention in the post.
Jack of no trades and master of none. Again Dassault has no business creating a social media/community platform. This is not their wheelhouse, why would they think they would be even remotely competent at it?
Jason
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

MJuric wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:17 pm
Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:17 am

Yes that response is from a user that essentially confirmed the point I'm making. The 3DE platform for that forum is the same platform as what is used in all the 3DE apps/programs, they are one in the same.

I totally agree with this... I too am dumbfold by their decision to make it inaccessible by google....
This make the already bad user experience even worse...
I guess 3Dexperience actually mean 3Dumb_Experience eh?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

jcapriotti wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:36 pm
MJuric wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:17 pm Yes that response is from a user that essentially confirmed the point I'm making. The 3DE platform for that forum is the same platform as what is used in all the 3DE apps/programs, they are one in the same.

Jack of no trades and master of none. Again Dassault has no business creating a social media/community platform. This is not their wheelhouse, why would they think they would be even remotely competent at it?
I don't think they set out to create a social media platform. I think they set out to create an integrated collaborative sharing platform which it may be phenomenal at.

There mistake was to think that the same, "Small Teams" and "Internal company structure" platform could serve double duty as a large public forum platform. It's not meant to be used as that type of tool.

In my humble opinion they would have been FAR better off realizing this and porting all the public forum "Communities" to a robust application specific bulletin board platform and leave 3DE to it's intended purpose.

What you have now is a surgical knife pretending it's a hammer.
jcapriotti

@MJuric Yeah, that pretty much hits the nail on the point.
Jason