Watercooler Talk

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
Marshall Wilson
Answers: 1

Re: Watercooler Talk

Unread post by Marshall Wilson »

Perhaps why DS is pushing cloud and 3dExperience etc; Its all part of a marketing strategy to drum up business providing cloud services to other corps?

"Alstom has chosen Accenture (NYSE: ACN) and Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) to develop a new cloud platform for product lifecycle management (PLM) that is designed to increase the company’s competitiveness and support its growth."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alstom-c ... 00682.html
Marshall Wilson

Unread post by Marshall Wilson »

"The company says its goal is for 3DExperience revenues to be 75% of its software revenue by 2025..... The company sees significant changes ahead, but until the actual shape of change becomes clearer, Dassault will try and have it both ways with their customers."

https://gfxspeak.com/2021/05/11/dassaul ... s-quarter/
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Looks more like an under sea platform.
Roasted By John

Unread post by Roasted By John »

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:55 am Good morning yall, back from the fishing trip, had some wonderful weather, caught a lot of fish and a lot of beer.
Awesome - what beer did you catch?

Just spent a few days in Sharon Springs NY - we left late Fri afternoon and got back last evening, awesome weather up there..
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Roasted By John wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:55 am Awesome - what beer did you catch?

Just spent a few days in Sharon Springs NY - we left late Fri afternoon and got back last evening, awesome weather up there..
The traditionals mostly but there were a couple of local brewed too :P :lol:
Roasted By John

Online Payroll - my nemesis

About 6 months ago they changed to Direct Deposit, to which I was totally against and almost walked off the job because of it, yeah I'm old school. Turn the clock front 6 months and what I was against bit. All of a sudden I was missing (2) two pay schedules, we're like what is going on? Here what happened our HR department gets an email that was supposedly sent by me telling them to change all my banking information and routing numbers ect. So, just like that someone out there in outer space gets two weeks of my pay, really are we that inept? The guys office is just on the other side of the wall, geessshhh.

What happened is the specific reason of why I was dragging my feet in the onset, if someone breaches our account then they have all of our other banking information etc, yeah I was pisssssed big time.

I asked him, didn't you look at the email, it's easy to see that its not legit, read it and see how the sentence is structured o[ o[ o[ o[ o[ hhhh

They did wire transfer money into our account right away, but now the person has our info, dang, I wish I would have walked away 6 months ago, crap.

Now what????
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
SamSpade
Answers: 2

Unread post by SamSpade »

Roasted By John wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:19 am Online Payroll - my nemesis

About 6 months ago they changed to Direct Deposit, to which I was totally against and almost walked off the job because of it, yeah I'm old school. Turn the clock front 6 months and what I was against bit. All of a sudden I was missing (2) two pay schedules, we're like what is going on? Here what happened our HR department gets an email that was supposedly sent by me telling them to change all my banking information and routing numbers ect. So, just like that someone out there in outer space gets two weeks of my pay, really are we that inept? The guys office is just on the other side of the wall, geessshhh.

What happened is the specific reason of why I was dragging my feet in the onset, if someone breaches our account then they have all of our other banking information etc, yeah I was pisssssed big time.

I asked him, didn't you look at the email, it's easy to see that its not legit, read it and see how the sentence is structured o[ o[ o[ o[ o[ hhhh

They did wire transfer money into our account right away, but now the person has our info, dang, I wish I would have walked away 6 months ago, crap.

Now what????
John, that really sucks. I don't know if the bank can offer a little more insight into what went wrong, and hopefully shed some light if it indeed was identity theft. That is one of the reasons I never use my bank card, other than at the bank or an ATM. I have it set that it be rejected at any point of sale if ever I lose it or it gets stolen.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky
JSculley
Answers: 54

Unread post by JSculley »

Roasted By John wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:19 am The guys office is just on the other side of the wall, geessshhh.
That guy's 'office' should be the curb outside the building. And his boss as well.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

It doesn't sound like anyone outside of your organization has your banking information. They just convinced your payroll guy to send your money somewhere else.

Either way, I'm sure the bank has solutions for this type of problem. A change to the account number is probably all that is required.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Roasted By John

SPerman wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:35 am It doesn't sound like anyone outside of your organization has your banking information. They just convinced your payroll guy to send your money somewhere else.

Either way, I'm sure the bank has solutions for this type of problem. A change to the account number is probably all that is required.
That is questionable, because my password was changed as well, so my suspicions on the dark matter is beyond human comprehension, therefore it'll take a Martian to figure it out, but they didn't answer this morning, thought I heard voices, but discovered a bot in the brain. :?
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Roasted By John wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 am That is questionable, because my password was changed as well, so my suspicions on the dark matter is beyond human comprehension, therefore it'll take a Martian to figure it out, but they didn't answer this morning, thought I heard voices, but discovered a bot in the brain. :?
Most banks are really good about this and are probably more concerned about this than you are. While they won't change their routing number if your concerned that that the entirety of your banking information was exposed due to the ineptness of your company they will probably be willing and even eager to switch all your account numbers. While this will be a PIA for any other "Auto withdraws" etc it can otherwise be fairly painless and does give one a piece of mind.

I've had a couple instances of "Fraudulent" activity. Once was with my bank where somehow someone got ahold of my account numbers and random withdraws/charges started showing up. I called and they not only shut it down instantly but also, without question, replaced all missing funds or charges. Since in my case it was happening just thru my debit card they just replaced all my cards with new numbers and I was done with in an hour at the bank.

The other one was with a credit card and they were the one that notified me of "Was this you?". I responded to "No" to a text, called them and had new cards on the way and all the charges dropped within 20 minutes.

As above I think most banks want as secure of a system as possible and having someone accessing anyones accounts that's not supposed to be is a low level breach that can lead to a larger one that becomes a business killer for them. So, at least in my experience, they are MORE than willing to fix it to avoid this.

If I were you, I'd call the bank, tell them what happened and tell them what you'd like for them to do. More than likely they'll do it, again, at least in my experience.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

MJuric wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:15 am Most banks are really good about this and are probably more concerned about this than you are. While they won't change their routing number if your concerned that that the entirety of your banking information was exposed due to the ineptness of your company they will probably be willing and even eager to switch all your account numbers. While this will be a PIA for any other "Auto withdraws" etc it can otherwise be fairly painless and does give one a piece of mind.

I've had a couple instances of "Fraudulent" activity. Once was with my bank where somehow someone got ahold of my account numbers and random withdraws/charges started showing up. I called and they not only shut it down instantly but also, without question, replaced all missing funds or charges. Since in my case it was happening just thru my debit card they just replaced all my cards with new numbers and I was done with in an hour at the bank.

The other one was with a credit card and they were the one that notified me of "Was this you?". I responded to "No" to a text, called them and had new cards on the way and all the charges dropped within 20 minutes.

As above I think most banks want as secure of a system as possible and having someone accessing anyones accounts that's not supposed to be is a low level breach that can lead to a larger one that becomes a business killer for them. So, at least in my experience, they are MORE than willing to fix it to avoid this.

If I were you, I'd call the bank, tell them what happened and tell them what you'd like for them to do. More than likely they'll do it, again, at least in my experience.
I had a similar experience with my debit card a few years ago. It was all relatively small charges (each charge was $100.00 or less totaling, around $800.00) spread out over a week or so, and it was early in the month, so I didn't catch it right away. When I did discover the problem it got cleared up with one phone call to Wells Fargo. The money was back in my account the same day, and I had a new debit card in the mail two days later.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
AlexLachance

Now what????
Honestly John, whoever did the switch is an idiot and should be fired. Direct deposit has existed over here for as long as I can remember and I've never had any issue whatsoever. There's not a difference besides having it directly inside your account.
Roasted By John

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am Honestly John, whoever did the switch is an idiot and should be fired.
He's a puppet and sits in the same office as the CFO. It's not who you know its who you bl..
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
Roasted By John

MJuric wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:15 am Most banks are really good about this and are probably more concerned about this than you are. While they won't change their routing number if your concerned that that the entirety of your banking information was exposed due to the ineptness of your company they will probably be willing and even eager to switch all your account numbers. While this will be a PIA for any other "Auto withdraws" etc it can otherwise be fairly painless and does give one a piece of mind.

No doubt about it Matt, I just hate setups like this, and now not knowing who planted which bot. My one comment to our guy was, "You don't know if you let in a Bot" There are real stories about sleeper bots, they'll set there for months before they get released. I know banks make things right, we've been hacked before, so I knew what to expect, I just like a paper in my hand and take it to the bank when I want to take it, old fart in me stinkin things up.
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
AlexLachance

Roasted By John wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:24 am He's a puppet and sits in the same office as the CFO. It's not who you know its who you bl..
Who you bless? :lol:
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:40 am Who you bless? :lol:
It's who you blog !!

Right, @matt?
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Frederick_Law

Roasted By John wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:19 am HR department gets an email that was supposedly sent by me telling them to change all my banking information and routing numbers ect.
You sure you didn't send it in your dream?

That sounds like an inside job. They know your name, they know how payroll operate.
Don't worry, whoever did that got the money but not your bank info.
Also should call police. It is a wired fraud.
Frederick_Law

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:25 am I had a similar experience with my debit card a few years ago. It was all relatively small charges (each charge was $100.00 or less totaling, around $800.00) spread out over a week or so, and it was early in the month, so I didn't catch it right away. When I did discover the problem it got cleared up with one phone call to Wells Fargo. The money was back in my account the same day, and I had a new debit card in the mail two days later.
You guys were lucky.
Friend lost bank card. Account was locked for a few days. Can't get cash, can't pay bill.
Roasted By John

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:40 am Who you bless? :lol:

There is a difference of one letter, bless has five letters bl.. only (4) four - quadruple
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
Roasted By John

www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 am Honestly John, whoever did the switch is an idiot and should be fired. Direct deposit has existed over here for as long as I can remember and I've never had any issue whatsoever. There's not a difference besides having it directly inside your account.
I've had direct deposit for years and much prefer it. Not only do we have direct deposit but most of our HR stuff is handled via a similar method, vacation requests, 401K deduction change amounts etc etc I can do on my phone and have records of at my finger tips....but then again our HR department is smart enough to not change account numbers based on a random company external E-mail without any verification :shock:
Frederick_Law

We should start emailing John's work asking for bitcoin and I-tune cards.
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

Frederick_Law wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:10 pm We should start emailing John's work asking for bitcoin and I-tune cards.
Flaw - are you some kind of Nigerian prince?
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

Now what????
https://www.theverge.com/22509928/inter ... sonal-data
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

Also John & everyone else, Don't forget to check your credit report. For the Big Three you can get one free report per year (at least in the U.S.) so I generally space them out by 4 months rotation. Pay particular attention to the section where there is a report of who has requested your credit info.
Frederick_Law

We get free report all year long with some bank account in Canada.
Check your bank website. Should be able to access it after login.
Roasted By John

www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

Roasted By John wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:49 pm Check this out

https://www.linkedin.com/company/skyreal/
Yeah, I've seen demos of what UE5 can accomplish. Now if we could just get one or two CAD SW companies to get with the program... (This is me not holding my breath.)
Frederick_Law

Don't need CAD to get along.
Skyreal did that already: https://sky-real.com/
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

image.png
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
S.Casale
Answers: 0

Unread post by S.Casale »

Anyone have any insight on how a round object,
just like a DVD,
which has an OD as the Primary Datum
could have that primary datum used to inspect circular runout called out for one of its surfaces,
while the referenced primary datum is specifically "not used to be the axis"
and is specifically the OD surface?

lol

But seriously.
I know some things about how to do some things for the things that need to get did.
AlexLachance

S.Casale wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:27 pm Anyone have any insight on how a round object,
just like a DVD,
could have that primary datum used to inspect circular runout called out for one of its surfaces,

lol

But seriously.
I got a nose bleed from trying to understand that.
S.Casale

Unread post by S.Casale »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:04 pm I got a nose bleed from trying to understand that.
I got a headache trying to figure out how to inspect circular runout from a round surface but not use its axis. Not my work - someone else's. lol
I know some things about how to do some things for the things that need to get did.
AlexLachance

S.Casale wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 pm I got a headache trying to figure out how to inspect circular runout from a round surface but not use its axis. Not my work - someone else's. lol
I had someone show me a trick with a piece of rope a few years ago, but I don't recall exactly how it goes, it was something about validating arc lengths, but I doubt that could be used to do circular runout validation.
Tom G

Unread post by Tom G »

I could replace the word FIRE with the word CRASH, have this handy at designers' desks.

Today I made this component. Its insufficient source DWG contained over a half million arcs and lines. What fun with imported data! I included the braille but not the brand logo at the bottom. Today I learned that braille is up to 1/32" high, for the drafted boss-extrude.
FirePullStation.JPG
AlexLachance

Tom G wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:40 pm I could replace the word FIRE with the word CRASH, have this handy at designers' desks.

Today I made this component. Its insufficient source DWG contained over a half million arcs and lines. What fun with imported data! I included the braille but not the brand logo at the bottom. Today I learned that braille is up to 1/32" high, for the drafted boss-extrude.

FirePullStation.JPG
Cool stuff Tom!!
Frederick_Law

S.Casale wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:27 pm Anyone have any insight on how a round object,
just like a DVD,

lol

But seriously.
Chuck the part on OD Datum, rotate it and check runout?
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

Tom G wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:40 pm I could replace the word FIRE with the word CRASH, have this handy at designers' desks.

FirePullStation.JPG
Speaking of Braille...........
d71a.jpeg
d71a.jpeg (29.77 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

DennisD wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:01 amimage.png
Au contrare, the above described may also be accomplished on the geometric North Pole.
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

image.png
5 last year and we're starting early this year...Jeez...
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:03 am image.png
Yeah, I don't know why anyone would want to live south of I-10.
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:03 am image.png
C'mon, man! You aren't even in the zone. You're in Baton Rouge.

Maybe you need a sign like I have on my patio.
image.png
- - -Randy Pausch
Frederick_Law

mike miller wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:56 pm Speaking of Braille...........

d71a.jpeg
Bat driving batmobile.
mattpeneguy

DennisD wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:04 am C'mon, man! You aren't even in the zone. You're in Baton Rouge.

Maybe you need a sign like I have on my patio.
image.png
Coming from the guy who hasn't seen a storm in years...
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:49 pm Coming from the guy who hasn't seen a storm in years...
I've been here almost 14 years. We get the least effect of hurricanes of anywhere in Florida. All our utilities are buried. During the worst of it we haven't had a power glitch long enough to reboot the computers. I'm good. ;)
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

DennisD wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:15 pm I've been here almost 14 years. We get the least effect of hurricanes of anywhere in Florida. All our utilities are buried. During the worst of it we haven't had a power glitch long enough to reboot the computers. I'm good. ;)
I don't know if I'd go that far...
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

mike miller wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:06 am Yeah, I don't know why anyone would want to live south of I-10.
Ask again in February when you're shoveling snow and I'm in short sleeves.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
AlexLachance

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:16 am Ask again in February when you're shoveling snow and I'm in short sleeves.
I felt that one :lol:
Frederick_Law

I think they're asking a lots for a entry level drafter.
Position Summary:

***** is seeking a highly motivated local individual to fill our Drafter position based out of our Chesterland, Ohio location. The Drafter will take 2-D construction blueprints and create 3-D CAD models and detailed drawings. The individual will work closely with a project team to assist with drafting as well as utilizing the Solidworks PDM database. This is a temporary/contract position.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

• Creation of 3-D piping assemblies utilizing 2-D blue prints. Assemblies can range from under 100 parts to up to 1000 parts.
• Entering design specification data in our Solidworks PDM database associated with our Solidworks piping assemblies.
• Working with a project team to prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications for customers.
• Performs other duties as needed to support the team.

Qualifications:

• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Six (6) months of experience using Solidworks; entry level courses completed in Solidworks or Certified Solidworks Professional (CSWP).
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Critical Thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Mechanical background is a plus!
• Experience using Solidworks PDM database is a plus!