Jokes Thread (Keep it Clean)

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
Ömür Tokman
Answers: 1

Re: Jokes Thread (Keep it Clean)

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:19 am I also went to one once. I was with my son and daughter-in-law. I would not return without similar guides. If I went alone I would either never find what I wanted or become lost and wander around for days.
;;
Frankly, my wife found the exit,
I was so angry at that time that I was looking for someone to punch. :)
At one point, I thought about calling the police hotline and asking for help.

This is exactly how I was when I walked out of ikea's door. (""" oa """)
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:20 am I went to ikea once and decided not to go again. I was nervous. You cannot leave without visiting the entire maza for a shopping that will take 5 minutes in total. It was a nerve wracking experience for me.
Yep, that's on purpose. The stores are designed to force the customer to traverse as much of the store as possible with the idea that the more you walk the more you look at the more you'll buy. They also dribble the same product throughout the entire floor/store. So instead of having all the glasses in one place, they have some here, some there, some over there...again to make you look at everything.

Personally I found it so wasteful and inefficient that I have no intentions of ever stepping into another one of their stores again. When I'm in a store I'm hunting, not on a Sunday Stroll for the fun of it.
SamSpade
Answers: 2

Unread post by SamSpade »

MJuric wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:34 am Yep, that's on purpose. The stores are designed to force the customer to traverse as much of the store as possible with the idea that the more you walk the more you look at the more you'll buy. They also dribble the same product throughout the entire floor/store. So instead of having all the glasses in one place, they have some here, some there, some over there...again to make you look at everything.

Personally I found it so wasteful and inefficient that I have no intentions of ever stepping into another one of their stores again. When I'm in a store I'm hunting, not on a Sunday Stroll for the fun of it.
No need to pay the entrance fee at a carnival funhouse, when you can go to your local Ikea store for the same dizzying effect. The couple of times my wife had dragged me there, I had always left with a nauseating feeling. >>>
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

image.png
mattpeneguy

image.png
KaMei
Answers: 0

Unread post by KaMei »

BreadManShopping.jpg
Life is what happens while you make other plans.
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

KaMei wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:00 am BreadManShopping.jpg
Oh, THAT guy! He's just a big loafer.
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

image.png
image.png (288.76 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
SamSpade
Answers: 2

Unread post by SamSpade »

DennisD wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:07 am Oh, THAT guy! He's just a big loafer.
That guy kneads to be the toast of the town, you know things are going to go a rye when he's around.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. <()>
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky
mattpeneguy

image.png
For scale, are those US or Metric washing machines?
mattpeneguy

image.png
Pull the toast out, or give it a few more minutes?
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:24 pm
image.png
image.png (287.9 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
For scale, are those US or Metric washing machines?
They originally stated the hole was the size of a Smart car, but reconsidered. First they realized the hole was bigger than that. Second was that Missourians and Kansans didn't really know what a Smart car was, and those that did thought they were Stupid.
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

DennisD wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:52 pm They originally stated the hole was the size of a Smart car, but reconsidered. First they realized the hole was bigger than that. Second was that Missourians and Kansans didn't really know what a Smart car was, and those that did thought they were Stupid.
Why not provided the measurement in terms that the MO people would understand, like wheelbarrows of snow or something?
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:26 pm image.png

Pull the toast out, or give it a few more minutes?
Hey, a s'more maker.
Jason
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:18 pm Why not provided the measurement in terms that the MO people would understand, like wheelbarrows of snow or something?
"The hole was half the size of an F-350." Nailed it!!
- - -Randy Pausch
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

SamSpade wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:28 am No need to pay the entrance fee at a carnival funhouse, when you can go to your local Ikea store for the same dizzying effect. The couple of times my wife had dragged me there, I had always left with a nauseating feeling. >>>

Local. HA! I have never stepped foot in one....
image.png
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

mike miller wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:43 pm This is a joke, right? https://blog.zoom.us/zoom-pronoun-sharing/ <()>
Is "nope" a pronoun?
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

mike miller wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:43 pm This is a joke, right? https://blog.zoom.us/zoom-pronoun-sharing/ <()>
I see an opportunity here...I'm going to edit my Zoom profile to use first person pronouns referring to me (I, me, mine, myself)...Should help with my work load too because it will be impossible for anyone to assign anything to me because they will always have to refer to themselves when referencing the assignment. "Matt is good with similar projects, so Project X will be assigned to me."
mike miller

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:59 pm I see an opportunity here...I'm going to edit my Zoom profile to use first person pronouns referring to me (I, me, mine, myself)...Should help with my work load too because it will be impossible for anyone to assign anything to me because they will always have to refer to themselves when referencing the assignment. "Matt is good with similar projects, so Project X will be assigned to me."
Nothing is off-limits because they are forced to be "inclusive". So if I identify as a fully-vaccinated Nazi armadillo............ :lol:
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:59 pm I see an opportunity here...I'm going to edit my Zoom profile to use first person pronouns referring to me (I, me, mine, myself)...Should help with my work load too because it will be impossible for anyone to assign anything to me because they will always have to refer to themselves when referencing the assignment. "Matt is good with similar projects, so Project X will be assigned to me."
Be sure to add "BRILLIANT" to your list of pronouns because that is what your plan is!
- - -Randy Pausch
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

And another one is kicked off the olympic team. . .
image.png
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

It's amazing the difference a filter can make...
image.png
mattpeneguy

image.png
PANIC!
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

mattpeneguy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:06 am
image.png
PANIC!
Alarmist-1: "That's global warming for you."

Normal person: "But that's the Sun. It's not even the Earth."

Alarmist-2: "That's even worse!"

Normal person: "The surface of the Sun is always on fire. Actually, it is covered with an ongoing nuclear conflagration."

Alarmist-1: "OH MY GOD!"

Normal person: "You don't even believe in God."

Alarmist-2: "That's global warming for you, even God got burned up!"

Normal person walking away saying to himself: "Why do I bother? You can't talk to these people."
- - -Randy Pausch
KaMei

Unread post by KaMei »

EmpireDoesntCare.jpg
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

image.png
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

image.png
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

image.png
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

image.png
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

DennisD wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:28 pmimage.png
That one isn't a joke....it's true.

I don't know how many European companies you work with but at certain times of the year it's nigh on impossible to get something from them. It seems like the entire company goes on holiday at the same time for quite some time.

Sadly, or not, depending on your point of view, yes, we have a MUCH different perspective of this in the US. It's almost "Sinful" to actually go on vacation. Most people are expected to be "Reachable" all the time, Sat, Sun and vacation.

This gets even worse when you're doing long term projects for customers. I've had MANY customers that would want updates, status etc etc any time they want...which is often times not during working hours.
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

MJuric wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:09 pm That one isn't a joke....it's true.

I don't know how many European companies you work with but at certain times of the year it's nigh on impossible to get something from them. It seems like the entire company goes on holiday at the same time for quite some time.

Sadly, or not, depending on your point of view, yes, we have a MUCH different perspective of this in the US. It's almost "Sinful" to actually go on vacation. Most people are expected to be "Reachable" all the time, Sat, Sun and vacation.

This gets even worse when you're doing long term projects for customers. I've had MANY customers that would want updates, status etc etc any time they want...which is often times not during working hours.
Hmmmm. DSS is a French company. That explains the rapid response to "fix" their new forum.
- - -Randy Pausch
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

DennisD wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:15 pm Hmmmm. DSS is a French company. That explains the rapid response to "fix" their new forum.
I've had many times where I need a part for something and normally it would take 3-4 weeks and it turned into 8-12..."That's when we go on holiday"

Similar situation in China with the New Year.
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

MJuric wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:23 pm I've had many times where I need a part for something and normally it would take 3-4 weeks and it turned into 8-12..."That's when we go on holiday"

Similar situation in China with the New Year.
True, but the Chinese New Year is only one week. It has never been too big of an inconvenience, at least for me, and I work directly with that area of the world. Some of the excuses I hear for European delays seem much too comfortable blaming the vacation thing. When I hear such excuses I think "The smeller's the feller."
- - -Randy Pausch
MJuric

Unread post by MJuric »

DennisD wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:43 pm True, but the Chinese New Year is only one week. It has never been too big of an inconvenience, at least for me, and I work directly with that area of the world. Some of the excuses I hear for European delays seem much too comfortable blaming the vacation thing. When I hear such excuses I think "The smeller's the feller."
And the Chinese new year is followed by a "Work on Saturday"... Holiday :D

Anytime "The entire place shuts down", at some point it's going to bite you in the rear.
mattpeneguy

DennisD wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:15 pm Hmmmm. DSS is a French company. That explains the rapid response to "fix" their new forum.
C'mon Dennis, it's summer right now...
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

image.png
- - -Randy Pausch
KaMei

Unread post by KaMei »

MJuric wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:09 pm That one isn't a joke....it's true.

Yes, many companies around here do have so-called company holidays, mostly three weeks sometimes during the school holidays of the according state (Germany), in France or Italy it could happen, that the company is closed for a whole month, mostly July and/or August. It is a PITA for those without children or whose children are not in school anymore because you have to go on vacation during that time, whether you like it or not.
As about being available even during holiday, that is not an American thing, it just depends on the person being on holiday. I know some Europeans who are available 24/7 the whole year.
KaMei

Unread post by KaMei »

CrookedStreet.jpg
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

image.png
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

image.png
'Cause that's the first thing ya do when ya dig something up...ya taste it?
mattpeneguy

image.png
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

image.png
- - -Randy Pausch
mattpeneguy

image.png
mattpeneguy

image.png
mike miller

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:31 amimage.png
It's called hard rock. :lol:
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

mike miller wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:40 am It's called hard rock. :lol:
I wasn't aware that Journey made an industrial 12 inch called Masonry. But then it was the '80s, and it's hard to say what I was doing at any given time...
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

mattpeneguy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:31 am
image.png
image.png (319.18 KiB) Viewed 2916 times

C'mon, man! This just requires a diamond tip stylus.

And to @matt's comment about the band Journey. I give them credit for getting me up out of my chair. I can't react fast enough to switch to ANY other band. They shoulda' been gone!
- - -Randy Pausch
KaMei

Unread post by KaMei »

self-inflicted-insults-1-60ed7a91039b4__700.jpg
mattpeneguy

image.png