Simulation Water Filling

Working with SolidWorks rendering software
Sbenning02
Answers: 0

Simulation Water Filling

Unread post by Sbenning02 »

Hi,

I am trying to recreate a hollow container, animated being filled with water.

Without actual liquid simulation in Visualize, I was thinking of having a water appearance and a solid body matching the internal shape.

This would work great if cutting planes could be set to only cut selected bodies, and thus by moving and revealing/ filling my "water". However this cannot be done.

Do you have any other ideas of how I could show water filling up?

Are animated appearances possible? Or will I need a different piece of software?

I have also tried, animating the texture mapping of a water appearance and using a cavity to create a changing body inside Solidworks, but this cannot be taken into Visualise

Many thanks,
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: Simulation Water Filling

Unread post by MJuric »

Sbenning02 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:13 am Hi,

I am trying to recreate a hollow container, animated being filled with water.

Without actual liquid simulation in Visualize, I was thinking of having a water appearance and a solid body matching the internal shape.

This would work great if cutting planes could be set to only cut selected bodies, and thus by moving and revealing/ filling my "water". However this cannot be done.

Do you have any other ideas of how I could show water filling up?

Are animated appearances possible? Or will I need a different piece of software?

I have also tried, animating the texture mapping of a water appearance and using a cavity to create a changing body inside Solidworks, but this cannot be taken into Visualise

Many thanks,
Are you looking for realism or just the general flow? If it's more of a "Simulation" I can see doing this with motion and showing the water with a bunch of tiny spheres. I'm not sure if there are material properties you could set that would make the spheres react more like water than solid material though.

Just a thought.
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

Do a search on the internet.. I know I've seen animations of this before.
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
Sbenning02

MJuric wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:48 am Are you looking for realism or just the general flow? If it's more of a "Simulation" I can see doing this with motion and showing the water with a bunch of tiny spheres. I'm not sure if there are material properties you could set that would make the spheres react more like water than solid material though.

Just a thought.
Hi, I just need a rising level/ plane inside the part. I would do this with a solid body, if the internals weren't so complex.

Currently trying lots of tiny spheres, but fear that it may be too intense for my computer to handle, and I have a decent graphics card.

Thanks for the input! :)
Sbenning02

zxys001 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:27 am Do a search on the internet.. I know I've seen animations of this before.
Been struggling with this problem for the best part of a week, with hardly anything useful found. Seems to be little out there in the way of a Visualise community

If you could find the animations and link, that would be very helpful!

Thanks,
Arthur NY

Unread post by Arthur NY »

Just not the right software for this. There might be some possibility down the road for Visualize to start adding dynamics but for now you'd do better using a software like Blender (which is free) that already has this kind of capability right out the box....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mhJXuveFo&t=1s
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

You can try something like shown in this video

The video is showing cutting and you can show the filling.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger