What is this blank note/frame in my sheet format?

mike miller
Answers: 7

What is this blank note/frame in my sheet format?

Unread post by mike miller »

image.png
It is actually an empty geometric tolerance frame. I edit the sheet format, delete them (there are often two or three on top of each other), and save the sheet format. I open the DRW file template and reload the sheet format, and it's back!

What's up? grumph
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: What is this blank note/frame in my sheet format?

Unread post by jcapriotti »

It may be in your sheet format.....not the template. Remove it and resave the sheet format instead.
Jason
mike miller

jcapriotti wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:14 pm It may be in your sheet format.....not the template. Remove it and resave the sheet format instead.
I did. And it's still there. I deleted it, saved sheet format, opened template, switched to a different size and back again. Still there. :roll:
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

mike miller wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:16 pm I did. And it's still there. I deleted it, saved sheet format, opened template, switched to a different size and back again. Still there. :roll:
Edit the sheet format and then edit the Geometric tolerance box and give it some values and a symbol. Then delete it and save out the sheet format again. Not sure if I got the steps right but I did something along those lines and it went away for good.
Jason
mike miller

jcapriotti wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:09 pm
mike miller wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:16 pm I did. And it's still there. I deleted it, saved sheet format, opened template, switched to a different size and back again. Still there. :roll:
Edit the sheet format and then edit the Geometric tolerance box and give it some values and a symbol. Then delete it and save out the sheet format again. Not sure if I got the steps right but I did something along those lines and it went away for good.
Okay, I did that but it was still on the sheet format when I opened it later. So.....I created a new .SLDDRW file using the default template, edited the sheet format, removed the frame, saved the format, then saved that current drawing as a .DRWDOT and overwrote the old template. I think that cured it!