PDM API, IEdmReference11 "FileType" property

Installation, PDM, standards, training, support, part numbering, rev schemes, etc.
bnemec
Answers: 10

PDM API, IEdmReference11 "FileType" property

Unread post by bnemec »

Simple one this time. I'm doing some ref tree navigating and found the FileType property of the IEdmReference11 by VS intellisense. The earlier interfaces do not have it. However, I cannot find any mention of it in the help.

https://help.solidworks.com/2019/englis ... mbers.html

I thought it was just exposing the FileType of the underlying IEdmFile according to the EdmFileType Enumeration https://help.solidworks.com/2014/englis ... eType.html but it's usually 0 for parents but always and it seems more accurate for references to children. More specifically if I have an IEdmReference11 parent:

Code: Select all

parent.FileType  !=  ((IEdmFile8)parent.File).FileType
Does anyone know what the FileType Property (IEdmReference11) is used for or what it does?
by JSculley » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:54 pm
It's not uncommon for stuff to show up in intellisense that's isn't supposed to be visible. It's usually a good idea to never try to use something that isn't in the API docs. No telling what might happen.
Go to full post
JSculley
Answers: 53

Re: PDM API, IEdmReference11 "FileType" property

Unread post by JSculley »

It's not uncommon for stuff to show up in intellisense that's isn't supposed to be visible. It's usually a good idea to never try to use something that isn't in the API docs. No telling what might happen.
bnemec
Answers: 10

Re: PDM API, IEdmReference11 "FileType" property

Unread post by bnemec »

JSculley wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:54 pm It's not uncommon for stuff to show up in intellisense that's isn't supposed to be visible. It's usually a good idea to never try to use something that isn't in the API docs. No telling what might happen.
"Whoops, that was supposed to be private/protected..."