Just to be sure...PDM Standard can't be accessed via API right?

Programming and macros
jdgilbert
Answers: 0

Just to be sure...PDM Standard can't be accessed via API right?

Unread post by jdgilbert »

Like the subject says, we're running PDM Standard and there are a few things I would like to be able to demo/test to allow a more apples-to-apples comparison to some other document management systems that other departments have implemented and are pushing for us to migrate to.
Jordan Brown

Re: Just to be sure...PDM Standard can't be accessed via API right?

Unread post by Jordan Brown »

That is my understanding. If there is a way around it, I would love to knowl
AlexB
Answers: 24

Unread post by AlexB »

You're correct. Only PDM Professional can utilize the API.
jdgilbert

Unread post by jdgilbert »

I have tried everything I can think of as a workaround but if someone else has a way it would greatly improve my life...

Even without access to the additional tools and API I can provide 90% of the required functionality we need from our document management solution with PDM Standard versus to a poor implementation of a much less user-friendly alternative system that is installed with full pro licenses, add-ins and a good bit of custom programming. The hard part is explaining to people making decisions, many of whom have never and will never use the CAD or PDM software, that just because a lot of money has been spent in one direction it doesn't mean you should keep pouring money in that hole. It is especially frustrating when the software vendor outright admits the limitations and their solution is to offer to quote consulting to "optimize" our processes to match what the software can do.
AlexB
Answers: 24

Unread post by AlexB »

What is the workaround that you are trying to implement? What limitations are you experiencing with Standard that you need help with?

I'm just asking in case others have encountered something similar and can provide insight.