PDM, ChangeState2 and 3 methods, Where to get password?

Programming and macros
bnemec
Answers: 10

PDM, ChangeState2 and 3 methods, Where to get password?

Unread post by bnemec »

User is already logged in and I do not want to enter password again.

Help says, ChangeState2 added functionality of requiring the password of logged in user. I can only assume as a security measure so the programmer can show a dialog requiring the user to enter their password again. If I don't need that functionality it seems my options are either use the "Obsolete" ChangeState that doesn't require password (nor does it take a transition ID or name which could be bad) or hard code the password in plain text.

Is there some way to tell ChangeState3 to use the password of the logged in user?

Thank you.
cdantonio
Answers: 0

Re: PDM, ChangeState2 and 3 methods, Where to get password?

Unread post by cdantonio »

Did you ever figure out how to do this?
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

cdantonio wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:37 pm Did you ever figure out how to do this?
I did not. I remember searching around for a while in various blogs and web searches. I found nothing. With 0 responses here I assumed I was so confused about what I was doing that my question was so bad that nobody wanted to touch it. So I did what I had to do to get the job done. It was a one off tool to clean up some migration stuff so the project had a short service life.
AmenJlili
Answers: 0

Unread post by AmenJlili »

bnemec wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:49 pm User is already logged in and I do not want to enter password again.

Help says, ChangeState2 added functionality of requiring the password of logged in user. I can only assume as a security measure so the programmer can show a dialog requiring the user to enter their password again. If I don't need that functionality it seems my options are either use the "Obsolete" ChangeState that doesn't require password (nor does it take a transition ID or name which could be bad) or hard code the password in plain text.

Is there some way to tell ChangeState3 to use the password of the logged in user?

Thank you.
No, I wish.
You have to ask user for their password. That is a good practice, I'd say.
I wish they'd create a ChangeState4 that lets you choose which transition to use and does not require a password.

Amen,
Blue Byte Systems Inc.
cadoverflow.com